CH.30 Garden of Eden

Chapter 30

The Heywoods were invited to the palace to celebrate Christmas together with the Radacovicks and Dorins. The family room was packed with presents and people as the children gathered on the floor by the tree opening their gifts.

"Ahhh!!!" Margo screamed as she opened her envelope from Caspian and Toby. "A pony!!"

"Really, dad?" Adam shook his head. "We talked about this. You two are spoiling her."

"She is my only grandchild!" Caspian said in his defense. "I want to give her the seven seas and by the way the pony was Toby's idea."

"Caspian wanted to get her a yacht," Toby looked at his son.

"Good call on the pony," Adam said.

"We love being extra!" Caspian said as Margi jumped into his lap. "Isn't that right my little queen?"

"Nothing but the best will do," Margo flipped her brown hair over her shoulder.

"That's my girl!" Caspian kissed her head.

"OOOOO!" Maksim was the next one to grab everyone's attention. "Fairy tales!"

Eden and Alec laughed as the little boy jumped up and down with his book. He ran up to them and gave them both a hug.

"What do we say, Mackey?" Owen looked over at his son.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Maksim danced in his spot.

"You're welcome," Alec laughed as he ruffled his hair.

"This is the best present ever!"

"Alright!" Rye clapped her hand as she stood up. "My turn. Kids gather around!"

All the kids ran to the center of the room and sat down on the floor. They watched in excitement as Rye pulled out a large box and handed everyone a smaller red box with a gold ribbon.

"When I say go, I want everyone to open their present at once," She said as she took out her phone and hit record. "Go!"

The kids teared through the wrapper and bow. They giggled as they pulled the ribbon off and opened their box. All the adults waited to see what they had gotten. Rye bit down on her lip to keep herself from laughing as she recorded the confusion on everyone's face.

The kids stared at the content in the box and then at each other.

"Do you like it?" Rye asked.

Clare was the first one to speak up. She pulled out the round green fruit from inside the box.

"An avocado?" She held it up in the air.

Maksim looked at his little sister and then at his grandma, "Mimzy.....I don't get it."

"Did you get this from the kitchen?" Maya tilted her head observing her avocado.

"I think it's a wonderful present," Adeline said with a bright smile. "Thank you, mimzy. I can make everyone some guacamole."

"Oh give it a rest, Mother Teresa," Maya rolled her eyes before she turned to Xavier who sat behind Rye watching them with an amused smirk on his lips. "Paws, did you really let her get us avocados for Christmas?"

"I don't make the rules," Xavier held up his hands in defense. "I just follow them."

"What am I supposed to do with this?" Maya waved her Avocado as Rye chuckled with laughter.

"Maybe we can throw it at her," Margo said as she sniffed the fruit. "Mine is too ripe."

"Hey!" Adeline, as the oldest grandchild, stood up. "She didn't have to get us anything, but she did. You should all be thanking her."