CH.12 Three days and three nights

Chapter 12

Alec was left shocked by Grace's surprise. He stared at her with wide eyes as she took his hand and placed it over her belly.

"We always use protection," Alec said as Grace held his hand against her. "How did this happen?"

Grace frowned and took a step back dropping his hand.

"Are you not happy about our child?" She asked him.

Alec got a strange sense of dejavu as he jumped up from his desk. He wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

"Of course I am happy," he said as he pulled her back into his arms. "You know how I feel about having kids. I'm over the moon."

"But?" Grace raised a brow.

"I'm just trying to figure out how this happened....."

"Do you remember when we went out for drinks with Exton and Gemma after you came back from New Orleans?"

Alec nodded.

"Well do you also remember the hangover you had the next morning due to all the pixie brew you drank?"

Alec closed his eyes and cursed in his mind. Of course, the pixie brew. He didn't remember that night at all but the next morning he remembered walking up naked with Grace in their bed.

"We got carried away that night, Alec," Grace said quietly with a frown. "I thought.....I thought you would be happy. But if you think we're not ready to have kids th-"

"No!" The fear of what she was about to say froze Alec. he pulled her closer to his chest and kissed her. He needed to show her he wanted his child.

"I'm so happy baby," Alec said against her lips.

"Really?" Grace looked up at him through her lashes.

"Yes!" Alec kissed her again. "I want our baby."

"I'm so happy, Alec!" Grace cheered in his arms. "We're going to be a family!"

"Yes," Alec nodded as he smiled at her excitement.

"We'll have to move the wedding up," Grace suddenly said.

"What?"

"I don't want to walk down the aisle when I start showing," Grace began reaching for her phone. "I want to already be Mrs. Radacovick when the baby arrives."

Alec didn't know what to say. He wanted to let his mind rejoice in the good news she just shared with him, but he couldn't under the mountain of terror that had landed over him.

"I need to call Manya," Grace said, switching on her phone.

"No," Alec stopped her. "Not yet. Let's wait until the baby and you are safe. I don't want anything to go wrong."

"Nothing will go wrong this time," Grace leaned into him and kissed his cheek. "I will follow exactly what the doctors say....I'm not taking any chances with our baby."

"I want you to cut back on your workload," Alec said. "I don't want you under any stress."

"Of course, baby." Grace nodded.

"And please wear comfortable shoes," Alec begged. "Your heels never look comfortable."

"I'll try," Grace laughed.

Alec pulled her into his arms once again and kissed the top of her head. He felt as if he was stuck in a weird alternative universe. His perfectly normal, controlled and organized life suddenly felt as if a hurricane had blown right through it.