CH.36 Marked

Chapter 36

Eden had expected the process to be an elaborate affair. She expected fire, magic, chants, and blood. But when Tobias pulled out a gold pen, she stared at him in confusion.

"They only make things fancy in movies," he chuckled softly as he saw the look in Eden's eyes. "Give me your hand."

Posey hoisted herself up on the pedestal near Tobias's vault and ran her hand over the many jewels. Tobias rolled back the sleeve of Eden's dress and opened the bed.

"This might sting a little," he said as he touched the cool tip to the clear skin on the inside of her wrist.

Eden hissed as her skin began to burn and sizzle. Posey dropped the diamond tiara she had been admiring and looked up.

"Be careful with her," she warned her husband.

"I'll make it quick," Tobias said.

"What are you doing?"

"With my mark, you will carry the power I bestow upon you."

"Your mark?" Eden raised a brow, feeling a bit worried.

"Don't worry," Tobias smiled. "Not the type of mark Alec will give you."

Eden bit down on her bottom lip as Tobias focused on the mark he was creating. It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't pleasant either. It felt as if a metal too hot to touch was being dragged across your skin. She stood as still as she could. Tobias's brows furrowed in concentration as Posey dressed herself in the jewels.

"What do you think?" She turned to ask Tobias.

Eden and Tobias looked up to find the queen of the underworld wearing layers and layers of pear necklaces.

"Old Hollywood," Tobias smiled. "Beautiful."

"Thank you," Posey smiled as she picked up a large sapphire ring.

"You never wear the jewelry I get you," Tobias said as he focused back on the mark.

"No amount of money can buy me, Lord Hades," Posey smiled over her shoulder.

"Such a shame," Tobias laughed. "I could bring all the jewels to your feet, my queen."

"Just bring me a flower," Posey hooked her arms around her husband's neck and kissed his cheek. "And some zapolies."

"Can't forget the zapolies,"

"How is it coming along?" Posey looked over Tobias's shoulder.

"All most done,"

"It doesn't hurt too much, right my dove?" Posey asked Eden.

"No, not really," Eden shook her head. She fixed her eyes back on her wrist, but Posey continued to watch her.

"Something wrong?" She asked as she saw Eden's discomfort.

Eden quickly shook her head but Posey didn't buy it.

"What's on your mind?"

Eden looked up and frowned, "I.....there's just a lot of questions in my mind."

"Maybe we can help,"

"Okay," Eden took a deep breath. "I guess to start off, this seems a bit too easy."

"How so?" Posey tilted her head.

"Well there's always a catch, isn't there?"

"We told you what the catch is," Posey looked at Tobias. "You will belong to the underworld."