CH.28 Nothing but the truth

Chapter 28

"She says Peter is with her right now," Eden rushed to explain as she followed Alec down the halls. Her shoes were in one hand as she gathered her dress in the other.

"And Lillian heard Peter say the baby is his?" Alec asked as he stormed towards the floor he shared with Grace.

Eden looked over her shoulder at the old woman huffing and puffing behind them.

"Yes, yes," Lillian said. "I heard it with my own ears."

"She heard it with her own ears," Eden relayed back to Alec.

"I swear to the gods I am going to kill her," Alec growled.

Eden fel her hands and feet grow numb from the cold. She felt Alec's rage run through her veins. It was terrifying and heartbreaking. He truly believed he was going to be a father.

As they reached the doors, Alec pushed them open without hesitation. Eden looked over his shoulder and spotted Peter and Grace standing in the middle of the room.

"Hi, my love," Grace smiled. "How was the ball?"

Her eyes moved over his shoulder and landed on Eden.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Grace demanded.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Alec spoke through his teeth as he pointed to Peter.

Grace flickered her gaze to the man with the round glasses. Eden watched as Peter begged Grace with his eyes.

"Peter just came by to see how I was doing," Grace said slowly.

"Cut the bullshit, Grace," Alec shut his eyes to contain his anger. "I know."

Grace stilled. Her eyes moved to Peter and then back to Alec.

"I know about the two of you," Alec took a dangerous step towards Grace.

Peter took a protective step towards her as well just as Eden grabbed Alec's arm.

"Do not touch him!" Grace snapped. She tried to detach Eden's hand from Alec's but he stopped her.

"You will not speak to her like that," Alec said in a low voice.

Grace gasped, "Are you fuckin' kidding me?"

Eden swallowed the lump in her throat as Grace narrowed her bright blue eyes.

"I am the mother of your child, Alec," Grace threatened.

"No, you're not." Alec took a step back.

"What?"

"I know now," Alec's body trembled with rage. "I know the baby isn't mine."

Grace shook her head as anger flared in her eyes.

"And who told you that?" She yelled. "Eden? The psycho defected witch!"

"Enough!" Alec yelled back making Eden jump. "She is my mate. Another word about her out of your lying mouth and I will make you live to regret it."

"Mate?" Grace paled.

The tension in the room could have outdone Zeus's thunder. Eden only had a second to feel the warmth in her from Alec's declaration before it drowned under her worries.

"Grace," Peter reached for her. "I think you should tell him."

"Shit up!" Grace hissed.

"She doesn't have to tell me shit," Alec shrugged. "I know. I know you are the father."