Chapter 21

It had been almost a month and I had been hanging out with Vance almost every day. I was so happy when I was with him.

The moments just passed by in the blink of my eye and I wished that all the moments just seized and time stopped ticking when I am with him.

It was sure that I was falling in love with him.

I didn't know what he felt about me. I didn't quite dwell on that topic when we had conversations.

He was powerful, intelligent and charismatic. Not to mention, he was filthy rich and was a self-made billionaire.

I didn't want to be tagged as a gold digger.

I just wanted these moments to continue as much as they can.

But if he confesses his feelings to me, I would never reject him.

Things at my office weren't going pretty well.

I hardly got any projects to work on and even when I got them, they would be small scale projects which were not challenging enough for my caliber. I still got cold shoulder from Nick and even Annie.

I wonder what I did to deserve such treatment from both of them. They treated everyone well except me or maybe it was just my inner feeling.

I almost completed my voluntary work with Tary of making the bot. It needed certain more advancements which only Tary could work upon.

Nick was right! It was not something to be completed in the span of one month but it wasn't that lengthy either.

Also, I made a lot of friends. I was thankful for the coffee requests that stopped coming from my colleagues and most importantly Meng, who was so persistent in initial days to take me out.

I saw that Tiju, my co-advisor walking towards me.

"Hi Ana." he said.

'Hi Tiju! All good? You seem tensed." I said.

"Nick wants to see you." he said.

"Okay." I said and stood up from my seat.

"He is not in a good mood." he added.

"Oh.. okay." I said.

What is it now?

I knocked the door of his cabin and went inside.

"Take your seat Ana. We have a lot to discuss today." he said.

I was nervous looking at him.

For the first time in my life, I found him really intimidating.

"Ana, have you gone through the policy and code of conduct documents of the company?" he asked me.

"Yes. I did." I replied to him.

"What is the cost of involving in unethical practices?" he asked me lifting his left eyebrow.

"Depends on the unethical practice." I replied.

Why is he talking all this.

"The cost of trading company's information to its competitor?" he asked.

"Why are you asking me all this now?" I asked him.

The environment in the room was hot in spite of the air conditioner.

"The data of our client Ashish & Co. is leaked." he said.

All the blood in my face drained.

I looked at him with my eyes wide.

"The only person handling it was you. Correct me if I am wrong!" he said.

His tone was a bit harsh.

"Yes. I was the in charge of that project. But I didn't leak any data" I said with a shaky voice.

"Stop lying Ana! You are stuck in a cobweb!" he said making me loose my mind.

Who might have done this?

Make my day by
VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO