Chapter 22

"Ana. Accept the mistake and the punishment won't be severe. Ashish & Co. is a very loyal customer to our company and now they have trust issues with us." he said.

"I cannot accept something that I did not do." I said with a shaky voice. Tears were threatening to come out of my eyes.

"Stop it Ana! We have proofs." he screamed.

"What proofs." I asked surprised.

"We tracked your system and we found that all the raw data and appraisal files were sent to Zach of Muna Constructions." he said.

"I don't even know who he is." I told him the truth.

"Don't act Ana. He is the same guy who was Vance's representative when we went to the office compound for the tender." he counter attacked icily.

Oh! The guy with dark brown colored hair! I remember him now.

"Trust me. I don't know him." I said.

"I just spoke to Vance and he told me that he himself didn't know that Zach was involved in all this. Maybe, Vance is lying. That will be sorted by both our enquiry commissions together. But our enquiry commission has tracked all the mails from your system that were sent to Zach and were deleted from your system later." he said.

I was breathing heavily.

"That's all Vance said?" I asked him.

"Yes. What did you expect him to do? Come in your defense? Just because you went on a couple of dates with him, you thought he won't trick you? This is corporate world Ana, Wake up! He used you to get the info." he said coldly.

"How did you know about us?" I asked him.

He took the envelope in front of him and showed me some photographs.

There were photos of me and Vance when we went to his private beach, the dinners, the museum, the art gallery, the parks, halls, malls etc. Damn! There were even photos of us kissing at the light house.

How did someone manage to snap us in his private beach?

Then it hit me!

It was Vance who did all this. There is no way someone could get such clear snaps if someone is taking the pictures sneakily.

"This still doesn't mean that I leaked the files Nick. This is my private life and trust me whenever I went out with him, we never discussed business." I tried to convince him.

But I am sure he won't believe it.

"The enquiry commission of Silva Constructions has decided to dismiss you Ana." he said.

My heart stopped beating.

"But I will still let you go because I have a huge respect for your parents and I don't want their daughter to have a black mark in her career. You are still very young." he said with a soft voice.

"Won't I get a chance to prove myself?" I asked.

"We have proofs Ana. Moreover, whatever project you undertook where Muna constructions was our competitor, we lost it. I suspected before itself. But then I didn't have any proofs against you back then. So the least I could do is not give you prestigious projects at all. But whatever small project you got, you messed up with that as well." he said.

"I didn't." I said.

"You submit your resignation letter today. Or else, I will go with the decision of the enquiry commission." he said.

A tear rolled down my eye.

Why would you this to me Vance? Why?