Chapter 26

I went and changed myself into a sleeveless top and flared pants which hugged my body well.

I tied my hair into a tight bun and did make up which made me look sophisticated.

I will face the CBI today. Alone.

I went downstairs to see my parents having breakfast together.

"Can I join? I am so hungry." I said holding my stomach.

"Sure. Julie make banana pancakes for Ana. They are her favorite." she said.

"No need Mom. I will just have what you are having. Why to waste food." I said and started serving my own breakfast.

"I will talk to CBI first. How long will they trouble my daughter? It's almost six months since Joye died and they are still investigating it." dad said.

"I will go to meet CBI people alone." I said.

"No Ana. I would never let you do that." dad said.

"Dad please. I am a big girl now. Let me handle things on my own." I said.

"Are you sure?" Mom asked.

"Yes Mom." I said giving her a smile.

"Okay, I will have the driver drop you off and pick you up then." she said.

"Okay Mom. There is still a lot of time left." I said.

"Then we shall leave to the office now." dad said to mom.

"Yes. Take care Ana." she said.

I was reading a novel when I got a call from Jidy.

"Hi Jidy!" I said in an excited tone.

"Where the fuck were you? I tried calling your phone so many times knowing that you came back to stay with your parents. But your bloody phone was always switched off." he said frustratingly.

"I am sorry." I said playing with my nails.

My nails grew very long.

"This weekend is Vinn's birthday and bitch, we are planning something." he said.

"Oh yeahhhhh!" I said.

Shit! How did I forget it?

"Oh yesss! Now listen. You are putting your creative brain into some use for a change and plan something beautiful. Or else, I will leave you somewhere in the middle of Thar Desert."

"I can't do it alone! I need to seek some help from Avis and Ridy as well." I said.

"That is up to you bro." he said.

"Okay." I said giggling.

"So what are you up to nowadays? Heard that your ass got fired?" he asked.

Jidy was a very good friend of mine. He was like more than a brother for me. But then sometimes, he can be out rightly blunt and shamelessly put someone into shame.

"You know it's a sensitive topic Jidy." I said sulking.

"Sensitive my ass! You are hanging out with all of us and getting out of that shitty sensitive zone of yours. You heard me?" he asked.

"No I am partially deaf!" I said and laughed.

"Oh please! Those were Joye's words." he said.

I knew he said it in a flow but we both fell silent because we lost our Joye.

"I shall call you back bro." he said and cut the call.

I was on my way to meet the CBI people. When I saw the trees and the buildings passing by.

I was in deep thoughts.

Joye was indeed a jovial guy no matter how much people bullied him. He never took it to his heart!