Chapter 32

The CBI went to the showrooms of the brooch's brand from where I got it and they had already investigated that it was me who bought it.

I agreed that it was me who bought it but I had gifted it to him.

But police thought that it was me who was wearing the brooch and Joye had it in his hands when we both tried to fight and I tried to murder him.

But all my friends told the police that they witnessed me gifting the brooch to him.

Due to lack of any other evidence, they declared me free. My mom and dad were always with me when I was going through this.

"We are letting you off the hook for now Miss Ana. But you may be called again because the investigation is still on." The CBI officer said.

"Okay." I said.

During this course, I found out that I had become a stronger person and was not scared anymore.

When we have not done anything wrong, that itself gives us the strength to fight against anything.

*Flashback Over*

I came back to present when my driver told me that we arrived to the CBI office.

I went inside and was greeted by the same officer.

"Miss Ana, as we suspected, Joye was murdered and it was not a suicide." He said.

I breathed in heavily.

Don't tell me that they are going to blame me now!

"It is a guy named Ricky. You know him?" he asked.

"No. I don't." I said.

I felt that officer looked past me.

I looked behind to see Vance behind me along with his mother Vanak.

What are they doing here?

"Please take your seat." The officer said.

"Who killed my son?" Vanak said.

Son?

Her face looked pinkish. May be she was crying all along her way to here.

"It is a guy named Ricky." officer said.

"Why did he do that?" she asked.

"I can't tell you clearly. We are suspecting a few things. But it is better if I don't reveal it to anyone unless, we have completed our investigation completely. I just called to ask you people if you have any idea who Ricky is. Especially you Miss Ana, I think he is someone from the Institution itself." He said.

"Is it not Ana who murdered my brother?" Vance asked in a spiteful tone.

"No, Mr. Vance. I am sure it is someone called Ricky." The officer said.

"Thank You officer. Now if you permit me, may I leave?" I asked the officer.

"Sure. But you may have to come here for further investigation." He said.

That's what you say every time!

"Okay." I said.

I was fuming with anger.

So this is why he screwed my life and my career. To take revenge for his brother's death.

"Ana!" I heard him calling me.

I started walking briskly towards my car.

He came and stood in front of me.

I looked straight into his eyes.

"If murder wasn't a crime, I would have killed you with my bare hands Vance." I said.

"I am sorry. I know I deserve your anger. Please forgive me." He said.

I stared at him for a few minutes which felt like an eternity.

Things that happened between us flashed in front of my eyes and in a fluid motion I slapped him.

I slapped him really hard!

I walked towards my car and the driver started to drive off.