Chapter 29

"I can't believe that time passed by so quickly in a blink of the eyes. We are soon going to have farewell." I said feeling very sad.

"Chill Ana, it's a farewell and not a funeral!" Vinn said.

"Fuck off!" I said.

"Still we can't have these insti days back again. After farewell, we still might be in contact but we won't be same anymore." Jidy said.

"I know our whole group got through the campus placements in huge companies. Life will get busier. But we still can meet up during weekends if we want to." Vinn said just to make us happy.

"Ana, I want to speak to you." Joye said.

I turned to see that he was standing behind me.

"Hi Joye. Sit here." I said scooting down the bench making some place for him to sit.

I knew I wanted to avoid him. But our insti life would end soon and I wanted everything to end on a good note.

"Not here Ana. I want to talk to you in person." He said.

God! Not again.

I excused myself and went to the other side of the ground where a few guys were playing football.

The evening breeze was helping my nerves which were freaking out.

"Ana, I knew that you have been avoiding me for quite a sometime. I have no idea why." He said.

"Please Joye. Don't make this hard for me." I said.

"I don't know how loving someone makes it hard for them." He said.

Wait did he just say that he loves me?

I looked at him shocked.

"I thought it was evident." He said shrugging off.

"Joye, I don't feel the same way about you. I am sorry." I said.

"Why? I even study so well now. I even topped the class. I thought you like intelligent and rich guys!" he said.

"Intelligent, Yes. Rich, it hardly matters." I said irritatingly.

The nerve of this guy!

"Fine. But either ways, I think we should give each other a chance." He said.

"I don't want to." I said in a whisper.

I had no idea why but I felt really bad rejecting him. We are good friends and he was ruining it.

I just don't let any guy close to me and I never felt anything more than friendship for any guy. If I feel anyone is interested in me, I just simply used to avoid them.

"How would you know without even trying it once?" he said angrily.

"I don't want to try it. I don't look at you that way. So please!" I said.

"Shit! This is not going well!" he said.

I noticed that his hands were trembling and then I noticed his face. It was red!

"I will talk to you later." He said and left me alone in the ground.

I went back to my room. After having dinner, I was preparing for my exams.

Tomorrow is farewell and we all can't study tomorrow night.

My mobile phone started ringing. It displayed the ID of Joye.

At first, I didn't want to pick up the call but I did recalling how red his face looked and how he was trembling.

"Ana, can we talk?" he asked.

"Go ahead!" I said.

"Tomorrow is farewell. Will you be my partner?" he asked.

"Joye this is not some sort of prom night. It's a farewell. There are no partners." I said inhaling sharply.

"But the least you can do is stay close to me. Tomorrow is the last day and after that we would meet only for exams where everyone would be busy." He said.

Oh god!

"Okay. But I will be with Ridy, Vinn and Jidy as well." I said making it crystal clear to him.

"Fine." He said.

"Good Night!' I said and cut the call.