Chapter 23

"Nick. I will still say that I am innocent. But I understand that you will not believe me. I will resign." I said with a heavy heart.

I had earned this job and now I am losing it for no good reason. I couldn't even cry anymore because I didn't want to show that I failed.

I got up from the seat.

"Thank you Nick. It was a pleasure working for you and to serve Silva constructions. Even though it was for a short period of time, I learned a lot." I said.

"Human resources will settle your payment." he said.

I walked out of my office.

My knees felt like they would give up any moment and I would fall any minute.

I typed my resignation letter and a Thank You email to everyone.

I started packing my things and put them in the carton box.

"Hey angry bird you are leaving?" Tary came up and asked. Shirina was also standing behind him.

Tary started calling me angry bird the moment he saw how angry I become due to lack of patience.

"Yes." I said.

"Why all of a sudden?" he asked.

"Yes, even I am surprised." Tiju joined.

Soon others joined too.

"I am sorry. I do not want to discuss anything about it." I said.

"Okay. Stay in contact." Shirina said.

I walked out of the office and gave it one last look.

I will miss all of them.

I walked slowly at the entrance to book a cab.

There, I saw Vance.

He stood by leaning against his car wearing a well-tailored slim fit black suit as if it was a very special day for him. He had a smirk on his face which I wanted to erase by slapping on his face.

I walked briskly towards him, dropped my carton box on the ground and held his collars with both my hands.

"Why? Why did you do this to me?" I said looking straight into his eyes.

He held my hands and dropped them with force.

I kept looking at him swallowing the gut that formed in my throat.

"Tell me that you were not aware of all this." I said.

Don't be a fool Ana!

"You can believe whatever you want to Ana." he said in a cocky tone.

"Then why?" I asked and hit his chest with my hand.

He grabbed my arm harshly and looked straight into my eyes.

There was hate in them!

"You have a lot of free time in your hands now. Think! Think well and analyze. Maybe, you destroyed someone in your life!" he said venomously.

"I didn't get you." I said.

He let go off my hand.

"Think Baby!" he said sarcastically.

He turned back and sat in the car.

He let the window of his car down and gave me a victorious look.

"I personally came to see you broke Ana and I am proud of my decision because you are quite a sight now!" he said and drove the car off leaving me like a mad girl on the road.

I went home. I couldn't even control myself till I open the door. My hands were shaking and my eyes were becoming blurry due to my tears which were at the brim of my eyes.

As soon as I closed the door, I broke down. I cried hard!

I never cried this much in my whole life. I was trembling with various emotions.

Fear, anger, frustration, anxiousness and most importantly I felt like a bloody looser.

Why Vance? Why would you do this to me?