O N E

As always, she walked towards the school with a clear mind

As always, she walked towards the school with a clear mind. The skies were blue, the birds were chirping, the air was clean and cars were passing by. The buzzing sound of students chating slowly became louder as she reached the school gates and entered the halls.

"Jihye!", halting her steps, she turned around. Her long hair flew by the movement, and her small face looked at the source with hesitance before smiling knowing who it was.

"Hey guys",she greeted them as the boys reached her. With their hands swung on each other, Jihye almost lost balance yet was pulled back quickly. Saying a quick thanks, together they walked to their classroom.

"Do you guys have any plans after school?", Donghyuck asked.

"No, should we go to the arcade today then?", Jisung said.

"Yeah we should!Park Jisung just you wait I'm so gonna beat your ass in Dance Dance Revolution", Chenle gave a competitive glare towards the said male.

"Oh really? I like to see you try"

"You guys are speaking as if the school day is over and we don't have any homework",Jihye chuckled.

"So what? It's just homework", Jeno said with a mocking tone.

"So what? It's my grades", Jihye replied back.

"Ohh the burn!", Jaemin clapped his hands. "Our little Na Jihye is a good student, isn't she?"

"Shut up bro, at least I'm coming back home with effort", she rolled her eyes before walking ahead to their classroom.

"You make it sound like I'm not always the top of the class!"

It was their final year of highschool, where they have their college entrance exams on the line. Unlike the others, the twins actually do take their studies seriously. They always dreamt of becoming professional photographers together, after all.

Jihye is a new transfer at the school actually, after finally being able to leave their father who divorced with their mother. After countless of tries, Ms. Na finally gained custody over both of her children resulting in Jihye having to leave Busan and go to Seoul. Was Jihye sad? A little, but at least she didn't have to live with their horrible father anymore. Plus, she gets to spend time with her twin brother who was older by 3 minutes.

After chating away in their classroom at their seats, the teacher decided to come in and started to begin their lesson.

10 minutes before the lesson ended, and the door was opened with force. And in walked someone who was like a stranger, yet also familiar.

"You're late",the teacher said nonchalantly.

"Duh?",the latecomer showed no reaction. He had a bag slinged on one of his shoulders, as he made his way to the back of the classroom and sat at his desk, which was right behind Jihye's.

Jihye tensed up when she heard the chair scraping against the floor behind her, yet her foolish self still glanced over her shoulder. And there it was, eyes looking straight at her while piercing through her soul.

"What?", the person had no expression, a voice filled with coldness that sent shivers down her spine. Jihye had her hands trembling a little, before quickly turning around.

She was scared, of course. Huang Renjun, the school's badboy with the most horrible reputation ever. There was no one in school willing to go against him, and he was a loner. Even just by one simple stare, it would be able to leave anyone on the edge. Does he really have authority over the students though? No, but does anyone dare to call him a weirdo? Again, no.

Jihye wouldn't call herself brave, in fact she was shy and reserved. But if she was with close ones, she would show them what she really is. A cool person, with a mouth that could spit out anything. But other than that, she's just a timid girl. And when it came to someone like Renjun, she felt even smaller than usual.

But quickly, recess came. Jihye walked together with her brother and the boys, not minding how loud they were. It was a busy school corridor, with students coming out of their classrooms and chatter began filling the spacious area. It was normal, and Jihye was trying to get to the cafeteria. However everything came to a stop when Renjun walked out. Everyone stopped chatting, and everyone just stared at the person.

Renjun didn't care and just walked, although he gave a few glares at some students who ended up peeing their pants, looked away or scrambling away as if they were in a rush.

The corridor used to be crowded, but everyone quickly made way for him afraid he'll do something. Until he stopped, right in front of Jihye. Jihye looked down, visibly shaking and questioning herself if she did something wrong.

Renjun didn't say anything, and just leaned forward towards the girl. She panicked and went backwards until her back hit the lockers. They stayed like that, until he spoke up.

"Move", his dull eyes looked at her.

"W-wh-what?", Jihye stuttered.

"Move, that's my locker", she widened her eyes realizing she blocked his locker. She swiftly shuffled away. "I-I'm s-so s-sorry I d-didn't mean to-"

"Shut up", Renjun said as he turned towards her. "And get out of my sight unless you want to die"

Jihye squeaked and immediately ran away.