T W E N T Y - F O U R

Eyes slowly blinking open, Jihye squinted at the sudden brightness

Eyes slowly blinking open, Jihye squinted at the sudden brightness. Rubbing them, she fully opened them and the first thing she realized that it wasn't her room.

Then she realized what happened. From calling her brother to borrowing a few clothes, it was clear that she had stayed over at Renjun's house after what happened yesterday.

Turning to look right in front of her, Jihye was fully awake this time when she saw a face.

Gulping, she noticed the position and felt heat rushing to her face. Legs tangled together, a arm around her waist and the pretty face of Renjun sleeping in front of her. It took everything in her to not scream.

Trying to pry his arm off her, she tried to get up only to have the grip around her waist get firmer and having herself being pulled closer.

"Where are you going?", it was Renjun, eyes still closed as he whispered in a raspy voice.

"Injun, let go already"

"Mhm, how about no?", she didn't think they could get even more closer, but Renjun proved her wrong by pulling her in and having his head snuggled in the crook of her neck.

Boy, Jihye felt like her heart could jump out at any moment. His rhythmic breathing hit her neck, and Jihye had her head up high as she tried to calm down.

"I should really be getting back home now, Injunnie"

Renjun only huffed, before opening his eyes and looking up at her. "What can I do to make you stay then?"

"Uhm, sing maybe?", Jihye chuckled. Renjun only remained silent at it, and it made Jihye laugh more. "Why? You tone deaf? What a shame then, looks like I have to go now"

Jihye already sat up, ready to get off the bed when she fell back down thanks to a hand. Giving out a yelp, she's now back on the bed with Renjun having his chin on top of her head.

"I didn't say anything, butterfly. Don't jump to conclusions", he whispered.

It was silent between them for some time, and Jihye thought he had fallen asleep again. Until she heard him, clearing his throat.

I am tired of this place
I hope people change
I need time to replace
What I gave away
And my hopes, they are high
I must keep them small
Though I try, to resist
I still want it all

Renjun was singing, and Jihye was in awe. His voice was soft, and sounded like an angel. It doesn't even fit his whole persona, and now she wonders what more does he have yet to show her?

"Okay, you should go back now", Renjun said.

Jihye only shook her head. "No no no! Continue singing, please", she looked up to him.

"Really? It's kinda been a long time since I last sang"

"I don't care, just sing for me already", Jihye pouted. Renjun chuckled, before replying with a okay.

I see living rooms and swimming pools and aeroplanes
I see a little house on a hill and children's names
I see quiet nights, poured over ice and tanquerey
But everything is shattered and it's my mistake

For some reason, the lyrics fitted Renjun's life well. Jihye thought about how Renjun had to face countless of rumours, possibly hoping that people could change. Knowing how it felt, she symphatized with him a lot.

Everything that mattered to him, got taken away. And it felt like his fault, when it really isn't. She hopes that Renjun could finally realize that.

Only fools fall for you
Only fools
Only fools do what I do
Only fools fall

Only fools, so is Jihye a fool falling for Renjun? She wonders, but then again she doesn't regret anything honestly.

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
We've got differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little stick you like stick, and I like aerosol
I don't give a fuck, I'm not giving up, I still want it all

"You sing really well", was the first thing Jihye said after Renjun ended.

"I mean, I won a lot of singing competitions before this so", he shrugged. "Doesn't surprise me. You should feel honoured to hear me sing for free"

"Yeah, sure", Jihye hit his chest and rolled her eyes.

"I should get going now, I guess", Jihye left a peck on his cheek before getting up.

Taking her bag and cleaning herself up a little, Jihye turned to face the boy one more time and smiled before walking out.

If you want a funfact, I wrote this part before Renjun actually dropped his Fools cover lol stream the cover btw