• 119 •

"Hey, guys

"Hey, guys. Do you have any habits?"

"I fiddle with my fingers when I'm nervous", the currently 13 year old Jaemin said to his friends as they sat on the grass together.

"That's obvious, we knew it since we first met", Jeno chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah. What about you? What habits do you have?"

"I tend to let out a sound when I'm confused?", Jeno furrowed his eyebrows. "Right?"

"Psh, you don't even know it yourself?", Renjun snickered. "Catch this"

"Wha- ehh?", Jeno caught the can and blinked a few times before realizing what the boy did. "Okay, okay. I do that a lot, thanks for comfirming Jun"

"No problem", he shrugged. "My habit? Hmm..."

"Don't you always speak gibberish whenever you're excited?"

Renjun landed a smack on Jaemin's shoulder. "It's Northeastern China dialect! And yes, I do actually"

"Why does my habit sound the most normal here?", Jaemin sipped on his americano.

"Can't say the same goes to your tastebuds, though"

"Hey!", this time, Jaemin gave a smack on Jeno who only eyesmiled.

"Okay, but do you want to develop new habits when you grow up?", Renjun asked. "Because I do. I want to make it a habit to look at the mirror everyday"

"And why would you want that as a habit?", Jeno and Jaemin laughed, a bit too much as Jeno ended up rolling around.

Renjun rolled his eyes and pouted. "At least once a day! I fooled myself enough last teacher's day"

"Well what can we say? Only fools fall for you", Jaemin winked.

"Whatever, quick! Say what habit you guys want to get"

"I don't have a habit I want to get, but a habit I want to stop"

"And it's about trying to stop winking all the time, right?"

Jaemin let out a shriek, which only left Jeno and Renjun unfazed. "What?", Jeno raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it true?"

"Yeah, but... Didn't think you'll know about it. Am I that obvious?", Jaemin rubbed his nape.

"Pretty much", Renjun dusted his hands after finishing his bag of chips. "Oi, Jeno. What about you?"

"Okay, this is gonna sound crazy but... Smoking"

"Are you crazy!?", Renjun and Jaemin exclaimed.

"Told you it was crazy", Jeno shrugged.

"No, idiot! How did that even appear in your mind in the first place!?"

"I was watching a movie! The main character smokes and he looked really cool, so y'know?"

"Cool or not, smoking is gonna kill you dumbass. And it's definitely NOT cool to die this early"

"Exactly what Jaemin said", Jeno who was picking up a chip accidentally dropped it when Renjun held both of his shoulders.

About to complain, Jeno decided against it when Renjun was staring at him seriously. "Smoking should never be a habit. It kills you and the last thing I want is to lose my best friend"

"Yeah, what about us?", Jaemin sat beside and looked at him. "You can't leave us, bro"

"So, get that idea of your head. I don't want to hear or see you holding a cigarette ever, okay?"

"Please", Renjun who was seriously telling Jeno, turned soft as he pleaded for him to not try anything dumb.

Jeno who cares for both of his friends, realized what he had done wrong and felt guilty. Taking them in his arms, together the three hugged.

"I'm sorry for worrying you two"

"You're not gonna do it right?", Jaemin asked.

"No, I won't", Jeno said.