F I F T E E N

Jihye was upset

Jihye was upset. She wanted to talk to Renjun and opened her phone, only to realize she didn't even have his number. Sighing, she closed it and walked to the convenience store.

Grabbing stuff she needed, she wanted to reach for the box of cereal bars yet it was on the highest shelf. She sighed, jumping up to hopefully grab it.

It was all in vain, until it eventually fell to the ground. Looking behind as if on instinct, she deflated realizing there was no one. Shaking her head, she grabbed the box and muttered something along the lines of "reading too much fanfictions these days..." as she faced the cashier.

Walking on the sidewalk absentmindedly, it was dark with only the streetlights as her source of light. She was thinking so much, walking slowly as she took in the night's fresh air. Was it really wrong for her to get close with Renjun?

Her thoughts slowly dismissed when she heard the sound of footsteps behind her. Stopping, she heard the footsteps stop as well. Jihye got aware that someone was following her, and decided to walk quicker. The footsteps were quicker as well, and she got scared. It wasn't like she was actually strong enough to fight, and the streets were too silent that anything could happen to her and no one would notice.

Taking a sharp turn at a corner, she waited for the person to come. Hearing the footsteps louder, she swung her fist at the unknown person as a form of defense.

Only to have her wrist grabbed stopping the blow, and a familiar person looking down at her. "Nice defense attack, but even I can predict it. You shouldn't be walking out at such a time. Who knows what'll happen if I wasn't the one who followed you?"

Throwing her wrist down, Renjun looked to see Jihye staring at him. Without another word, a pair of arms encircled his waist, head on his chest.

"What...?", He was taken aback, not really sure on what to do.

"Hey, what are you doing-"

"Shut up and just let me hug you", her voice cracked, eyes on the verge of tears.

Renjun didn't question further and hesitantly raised his hand, patting her back. He was clueless, and a bit curious. But seeing that she wasn't in the state to talk, he kept silent and let her sobs surround the atmosphere.

"Are you okay now?", It was weird, weird for him to speak this softly again. He thought he already lost the ability to speak in such a tone, but nevertheless it was fitting for the situation seeing that Jihye eventually stopped crying. Shirt wet due to her tears, that didn't matter when the girl looked so broken.

"Let's sit down, come on", Grabbing her wrist gently, Renjun pulled her to the nearby park and together they sat on a bench.

No one said anything. It was dead silent, except for the occasional sniffs coming from the girl. The silent kept them both on edge, and Jihye decided to break it.