T W E N T Y - S E V E N

"But he's my asshole of a best friend"

Jaemin tried to calm down, not wanting to tear up but couldn't hold it anymore as he walked with haste steps towards the two.

Specifically towards Renjun, and when he got close enough he didn't hesitate and immediately swung his arms around him, sobbing.

"I'm so sorry Renjun, I r-really am I-"

"There, there", Renjun patted his back. "It's okay"

"No it's not! I should've, I should've trusted you. I should've brought you back but instead I turned my back on you when you needed me, and us the most. I'm just-", Jaemin hiccuped.

"I'm fine, Jaemin", Renjun assured him. As much as the other was bigger and taller than Renjun, when it comes to age and words Renjun has the upper hand.

Jaemin always came to Renjun to let out his frustrations, and and Renjun always helped in solving them. To Jaemin, he was like an older brother.

And it felt great to have his older brother back again.

"I missed you, Junnie...", Jaemin mumbled.

Renjun who didn't shed a tear once, felt his voice crack hearing the words come from the younger.

"I missed you too, Nana"

~~~

And it felt like nothing happened between the two. The others had also asked for forgiveness, and Renjun only engulfed them all in one big hug. He felt thankful that he was able to reunite with them once again.

Together they hanged out, the six of them and of course Jihye joined them as well. They had fun all of the time, and although they did get stares from the other students for hanging out with the 'badboy', none of them could care less.

With Renjun's help and persuasion though, Jihye got to muster up the courage to tell Jaemin about how she was bullied, and how grateful she was to get to move here. Jaemin was at first, angry because she didn't told him firsthand. But later on, he understood why she was hesitant.

After all, Jaemin didn't want to start another feud. The first time that happened, it took years. And he was more than glad to have everything back to normal, thanks to his sister.

But not everything, was actually solved. For everyone knew about how Jihye and Renjun felt about each other, it was so obvious the feelings between them are mutual. Yet none of them dare to make a move.

And it irritated all of them, a lot.

"I don't know about you guys, but there's definitely a connection between those two", Donghyuck said as he squinted his eyes towards the two who were walking together, as he sucked on his lollipop.

Jeno smacked the other's head, resulting in a whine coming out of Donghyuck. "We can all see that, Hyuck. We're not dumb"

"Damn, it's really annoying how obvious Renjun ge is. He never did have the talent to hide his feelings, really", Chenle said with his hands in his pockets.