T W O

"Are you sure you're okay, sis?"

"I am, don't worry"

The boys along with the girl were out of the school for recess, stopping by a convenience store. Sipping on his canned americano, Jaemin eyed Jihye one last time before turning to chat with the boys.

Jihye silently took a bite out of her sandwich, as she thought about the occurence not so long ago. The way his eyes pierced through her, she shuddered rethinking about it. Renjun definitely wasn't someone safe to be around with, that's what she knows.

Until a thought occured to her. Brows furrowed, Jihye slapped Jaemin's arm to get his attention. It also pulled the other boys' eyes as well.

"What is it, sis?"

"Can you tell me more about Renjun?"

Jaemin choked and coughed for a bit, until he looked up to her again. "Why do you want to know about him?", he asked, voice hoarse from the violent coughing.

"It's been three months since I transferred to this school, and all I know about him is that I should stay away from him"

"And that's all you need to know"

"But why?", Jihye asked, her eyes big and innocent. "What did he do, that I have to avoid him so much?"

"It's the rumours", Donghyuck spoke up. Feeling her eyes on him, he continued.

"Gossip spreads like wildfire, according to what everyone says he's done some pretty beat up shit apparently"

"As in?", Jihye raised an eyebrow.

"Punched kids from other schools, got mixed into different gangs, dealt with drugs and those are only a few", Jeno added.

"The most recent rumour? He killed five people in one go", Jihye widened her eyes.

"All by himself?"

"All by himself", Jisung confirmed it. "That's why you should stay away, and even be afraid of him"

"But-", Jihye frowned. "Maybe they're just misunderstandings? He's probably not that bad, and all those rumours are fake"

"Hey, have you seen him? He's the only student in our whole school who has the guts to come with blonde hair, piercings and in disheveled uniform. Some say he probably even has tattoos. I don't think anyone looking like that, is actually not bad in general", Jaemin said.

Now, that rubbed Jihye the wrong way. They were judging someone based on their exterior, and not interior. It doesn't feel right, a tattoo and a few piercings doesn't mean the person isn't good hearted.

But she knows this will cause a arguement with her brother, so she decided to keep quiet. Nodding, she agreed to avoid Renjun. Although, a part of her was still curious anyways.

"So, Hyenie. I hope I don't see you around him, he's not good for you", Jaemin held onto her shoulders. "I care for you, okay?"

"I know, big bro. I just think all these rumours are kinda bullshit", Jihye laughed.

"We know the truth, firsthand though"

Everyone except Jihye, who was excitedly eating her pudding turned to look at the one who spoke.

Twirling his chopsticks, Chenle looked up through his black hair. He was silent throughout the whole conversation, but paid full attention to what was said. Continuing the staring competition between him and the boys, it was evident what everyone was thinking about.

Jaemin glanced at his sister one last time before giving the younger a smack at the arm, shushing him.

"Shut up, don't let her know"

~~~

It was the next day, and it was earlier than usual. School hasn't even started, and here's Jihye walking through the empty hallways. Yawning, she put a sweater paw up to her mouth as she sleepily tried to open her eyes.

Entering the combination for her locker, she opened it and got out the books needed for her study session at the library. As a junior, she was only a semester away until senior year where she'll have to take her college entrance exam. It mattered to her a lot, so she made sure to revise and remember everything from the past years and thus it led her to coming to school early to use the library.

When she slammed her hand closing the locker, she leaned her head on it. Momentarily closing her eyes, Jihye tried to rest until she heard the sound of footsteps.

Opening her eyes slowly, she looked and saw someone that she didn't expect. Wide awake now, her eyes went big and lips were parted as she saw the boy, limping.

Renjun had bruises and cuts on his face, a hand over his abdomen. Trying to walk properly was hard, and pain was evident on his face each time he took a step forward.

Eventually he stopped, his hand gripping onto a locker as he slighlt crouched in pain. Emitting a few groans, it was then he looked up coming into contact with the girl.

Jihye was surprised and immediately turned around, facing her locker. Feeling Renjun's eyes boring into her back, she silently prayed hoping he would leave.

And her prayers were heard, as Renjun tore his gaze away from her and continue walking. Hair falling to his face, he pushed them away with a swift shake at the head, mumbling a few curse words in frustration.

Glancing over her shoulder, Jihye saw him from her peripherals until he disappeared around the corner.

~~~

Recess time, and she was with the boys again. While the five were playing and making weird faces behind the girl, Jihye walked straight on with her arms folded. She couldn't stop thinking about the boy she saw this morning.

It bugged her so much, and she didn't even know why. Maybe it's because of how she clearly saw him at school early in the morning, yet he still came to classes late? Where was he then?

Huffing, she decided to voice out her thoughts. "Isn't he weird?"

"Who's weird?", Jaemin asked his sister.

"Who else? Huang Renjun", Jihye walked backwards as she faced them. "I know I shouldn't talk about him, but you gotta know this-"

Jihye couldn't say what she wanted to, as she eventually bumped into someone. Letting out a yelp, she turned around and was met with the chest of a boy. Brows furrowed, she was going to look up until the boy spoke up.

There, Jihye froze. Multiple curses going through her head, and also a tint of fear creeping into her mind. And it was all because of who was in front of her right now, eyes sharper than a dagger looking down to her small self.

"And what exactly should we know about me, Miss Na Jihye?", Renjun glared.