• Boom •

"En Garde!"

"En Garde!"

The two opponents put on their face masks, completely shielding their faces with only a fair amount of sight for them.

"Ready?"

Standing in their positions, they nodded briefly at the referee. Gripping their sabres, they face each other ready to start.

"Fence!"

And just like that, the bout started. Sounds of their weapons clashing against each other were heard, as the whole place was filled with cheers and erupts.

"Woah... look at them go!", Chenle was paying attention carefully seeing the two fencers go against each other. He had eyes big and resembled a cat, almost.

"Oh my god did you saw that? He almost got touched but missed by a milimeter!", Donghyuck was also paying attention very well. Together, both Chenle and Donghyuck had their heads turning left and right as they watched the intercourse.

"It's pretty cool that you invited us to your cousin's fencing tournament, Jeno", Jaemin turned to face the boy that was also paying attention.

"Yeah, our weekend plans are saved thanks to you", Renjun nudged him, Jeno only sending a eyesmile back.

"I'm just supporting my favourite cousin, after all. Since no one else can do it for him"

"What do you mean?", Chenle listened to their conversation but turned around at the sound of Jeno's words, temporarily looking away from the match.

"My aunt and uncle are very busy, always working and all that. They never have time for him, hence why I'm here. Last time, it was only me who celebrated his birthday together with him. While I helped lifting up his mood, it was still gloomy since his parents weren't around"

"That's really...unfortunate", Donghyuck added. "I know how it feels to be neglected, it just makes you feel sick and unwanted"

"Hyuck, no", Jaemin frowned.

"Nah, I'm good now though. Thanks to you guys of course", he smiled. "Never did regretted joining y'all, so far at least"

"Hey", Chenle playfully punched the other. "Yeah, I'm happy too. My parents are busy a lot too, so I think I know your cousin the most Jeno"

"Yeah...", Jeno smiled sadly. "I just want him to be happy and loved, that's all"

"Halt!", the referee yelled.

The five boys turned their attention back to the match, and watched as the judges discussed among themselves. The results were finally made, and the referee went to reveal them.

"The winner of today's fencing tournament is...!"

Everyone held their breath, waiting for the answer.

"Park Jisung!"

Everyone cheered, even the ones who was rooting for the other opponent congratulated Jisung for winning this time. His opponent also applauded for him and bowed in respect, the taller doing the same as well.

"That's my cousin! Come on, let me introduce y'all to him", Jeno led the others down and into the break rooms where Jisung was at.

Jisung took off his mask and set down his sabre as he stared at himself in the mirror momentarily. Opening his phone, he looked to see a few messages from his parents.

I heard you won the match today, congrats my son! Your father and I are proud of you, sorry we cannot be with you right now. We'll make it up to you someday. We love you, Jisung - Mom

Jisung could only smile sadly, and typed a quick 'thank you' before turning the device off.

"Hey couz!", Jeno peeked in and Jisung had his eyes widened by a fraction before turning around, smiling big to see his favorite person.

"Jeno!", Jisung went and hugged the older who returned back the gesture. "You did great, Sung! Congrats on the win"

"Thanks", Jisung gave a small smile and a bow. He then noticed the others, and Jeno decided to speak up.

"Jisung, meet my friends!", he gave a eyesmile at the younger.

"Hi! Lee Donghyuck is the name, and you did great out there", the tanned boy greeted.

"You're so cutee~", Jaemin cooed as he went closer to the younger. "I'm Jaemin but call me Nana~"

"Jaem", Jeno glared.

"What? You didn't tell me your cousin was this adorable!"

"Anyways, I'm Renjun nice to meet you"

"And I'm Chenle!", the two Chinese boys greeted themselves to the youngest, with Chenle especially smiling big at Jisung.

"Hello everyone, thanks for seeing me today", Jisung looked down shyly, a hand rubbing his nape.

"You did well today! Let's celebrate your win", Donghyuck suggested.

"What? Oh there's no need to, it's just a win"

"Come on, Sungie", Renjun swung an arm around his shoulders. "Have you ever celebrate your fencing achievements before?"

"Not really...", Jeno answered for him.

"Exactly! Such a great talent of yours shouldn't be not rewarded! Let's go out together, okay? We insist", Renjun smiled at the younger.

Jisung felt unfamiliar with this sort of feeling, but didn't try to dismiss it. In fact, he was really happy about it. Giving his rightest smile ever, he nodded in agreement.

"Let's get going then!", and with that, all six of them walked out together.