F O U R T E E N

"Ahhhhhh I'm late!", Jihye ran into the school building

"Ahhhhhh I'm late!", Jihye ran into the school building. First period is about to start in five minutes and she practically ran to school, silently praying she won't get detention.

She opened the classroom door with force, eyes frantically looking around before realizing the teacher has yet to arrive. Letting out a sigh in relief, she didn't bother with the stares she got as she closed the door behind her before walking lazily.

Unfortunately for her, her laziness caught her to slip and almost slide across the floor.

Fortunately for her though, she didn't meet the cold floor because her arm got gripped by someone else. Breathing out deeply, she turned to see Renjun already staring at her as he stayed seated.

"Look where you're going next time", he added before letting her go.

Jihye was stunned, not knowing how to think as she just walked and sat in her seat.

My heart is going crazy again...girl you better calm down

She sighed, already feeling tiring from running and decided to not think much about the gesture. Grabbing her bag, she got her books out and prepared herself for the lesson.

~~~

"I'm home! And I wasn't late to school today!"

"Good to know, dear", Miss Na came and planted a kiss onto her forehead. "How about you take care of Jaemin today hmm?"

"Sure, mom. I bet he misses me already", Jihye chuckled.

She went up to her room and took a shower, changing into a comfortable pair of pajamas before knocking onto the door to her brother's room.

"Come in", with that she opened the door to see her brother playing a game.

"Hey, bro. How are you?", she sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Pretty...uhm both good and not good", he chuckled, not really able to answer properly as he was this close to killing the last person in order to get his Chicken Dinner.

"I get to skip class...but I also miss you and the boys", one last shot, and Jaemin swinged his fist up in the air. "I'm the winner! Yes~"

"Congrats", she laughed. "But now come here, I need to change the towel", Jihye squeezed the access water out of the towel and placed it on the boy's forehead.

"Thanks, sis", he placed a kiss on her hand. "I miss ya, how was school?"

"The usual", she shrugged. "I was lucky I didn't get tardy today"

"Mhm...Hyenie come here, Nana wants a sibling cuddle", he extended his arms, welcoming Jihye who didn't hesitate to come close with him.

"Ahh, this feels nice", Jaemin smiled as he hugged the girl's arm. Together, the two siblings bonded and talked about multiple things together until there was almost nothing left to say.

"Hey, Hyenie", Jihye hummed in reply.

"Have you been hanging out with Renjun?"

Jihye widened her eyes by a fraction, gulping in nervousness as she didn't know how to reply. "Uhm..."

"I told you...to avoid him, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did..."

"Then why?"

"I...", Jihye found it hard to find the right words to tell his brother.

"It's not like I'm restricting you to not be friends with others, but as your brother I'm just wary about you getting too close with him", he turned to face her.

"I know! But like, what's wrong with befriending him honestly?"

"Didn't I tell you already?"

"Yes you did but, he's not really that bad"

"Are you kidding? Jihye, the rumours-"

"What rumours?", Jihye faced him. "They're groundless! Renjun is nothing like that"

"Then what is he like? Why is he like this, constantly shutting everyone away from his life? You speak as if you know him. I don't want to sound mean but don't surround yourself around bad influences"

"Bad influences? Is that what you view him as?", Jihye rose from the bed.

"Yes, and it's the truth isn't it?"

"No! I don't know him, and neither do you. He's not that bad. At least he doesn't talk shit about others, unlike you"

"I'm just trying to protect you Jihye!"

"From what? From getting killed by someone who isn't even a killer?", she scoffed. "What about you tell me what happened between you and him?"

Jaemin widened his eyes. "What?"

"Something happened between you and Renjun right? Is that why you hate him?"

"How do you know this?", Jaemin asked, voice lower than usual.

"I just do", Jihye got up and held the doorknob. "I want to know the truth, the reason why I should avoid him but all you keep telling me are rumours. You know him better than that, so why?"

Jihye didn't wait for his reply, as she opened the door and left. Not only his room, but the house as well.

"Jihye? Jihye come back!", Miss Na called out to the figure that walked out into the night.

"What happened between you two?", She asked Jaemin who only looked down, not bothering to respond.

Did he do something wrong? It's not like he doesn't know Renjun, he would never do something. But he can't completely trust him yet.

"Who am I kidding?", Jaemin rubbed his face using his hands.

"I don't know him at all"