• DNYL •

"Did you hear? Renjun killed someone""Apparently it was his own brother, oh my

"Apparently it was his own brother, oh my..."
"He's not as innocent as he seems"
"What more is he hiding?"
"Man, I'm scared of him now"

One boy stood in the middle of a hallway, everyone was whispering among themselves as they eyed him.

Renjun was left shocked. Staring down at the floor, he was blank as he heard every single thing that was said about him. His fists tight, he shook as he couldn't bear it anymore.

"Killer"
"Murderer"
"Gangster"
"Mafia"

These were all being thrown to him, and the feeling he had at the time was indescribable.

"I'm none of those...", He mumbled quietly, no one hearing him and the commotion somehow got louder and louder to him.

Bringing his hands to his ears, he shut his eyes close hoping to block out all of the rumours and maybe wake up realising everything was a dream.

Only that, it wasn't.

"I'm NOT A KILLER!", Renjun shouted. The hallway became silent, as everyone only stared at him.

The stares of disgust, and fright directed towards him. He didn't know what to do, he felt hopeless.

"I d-didn't kill Jun ge... I really didn't", he mumbled, voice hoarse as he weeped.

His soft yellow sweater getting dampened by his tears, Renjun could only look down and run away. Not wanting to see anymore of those looks, he just ran and ran until he bumped into someone.

Colliding with the floor, he was hesitant in looking up. Renjun mumbled a quiet 'don't hurt me', scared to see anyone else.

Until the person spoke. "Renjun"

Hearing him, Renjun got up and hugged him. His sobs were loud, and his grip was tight.

"J-Jaemin...wh-what should I do?", Renjun hiccuped.

He continued to cry, and speak in stutters as he stayed in the comfort of his best friend. Or at least, he thought so.

For Jaemin didn't even try once to console him, nor did he replied back the hug. Renjun felt there was something wrong, and went to face him.

"Jaemin...? Is something wrong?"

"Why did you do it?"

"Wha... I did nothing!"

"How sure can you be?"

"Jaemin are you for real?", Renjun wiped away his tears and faced him. "Are you believing the rumours more than you should believe me?"

"I mean, I don't know if everything you say is true you know...", Jaemin shrugged.

Renjun stood in disbelief, before giving off a scoff. His previous breakdown long gone, he faced him with a whirlwind of feelings.

"After everything we've been through, you're just going to throw me away because of some rumours that aren't even true? How could you? I trusted you with my whole life and instead you're gonna turn your back on me? Why?"

"The possibility of those rumours being true still exist"

"And I exist here, as your best friend"

The tension between the two grew stronger as they glared at each other. Renjun was angry, he was frustrated, sad, upset, confused and overall, hurt.

"Uhh guys...?", the other four boys had finally found them, and they were not relieved as they hoped they would. Instead, they caught on with the situation and stood awkwardly.

"What happened?"

"Nothing happened, just that someone here doesn't want to believe me", Renjun spat out. "If this is how you're going to act, then maybe it's best we shouldn't be friends anymore"

"What?", Jeno widened his eyes. "You two, what is going on?"

"Fine then", Jaemin ignored Jeno. "Let's not be friends anymore"

Renjun stood there, eyeing him. If he was honest, he was hoping this was all a joke. A joke and that Jaemin would break into a smile and tease him for believing and call himself a great actor.

"Fine, fine! I don't need you, or anyone anyways"

Walking away, Renjun hoped that Jaemin would run back and hug from behind, telling him he was sorry and didn't mean to hurt him.

He hoped that Jaemin would shout his name, and tag along with him to fight away the other students who believed in lies.

But all of that never came true.

Jaemin only stood there, watching Renjun's figure disappear.