S I X

Third day of coming to school early, and Jihye was again walking to the library

Third day of coming to school early, and Jihye was again walking to the library. Sleep almost overtaking her, she shot right back awake when she saw a familiar boy sitting at a table.

That's right, Renjun was busy studying. Books were everywhere, his hand was holding a pen as he furrowed his brows trying to understand the equation. On the bridge of his nose laid a pair of glasses, as he twirled his pen thinking what he had done wrong in the calculations.

Jihye gulped, and hid behind a bookshelf. Peeking over, she unconsciously admired his figure and forgot about who he was for a second there until she snapped in realization.

"Stay away from him Jihye, you understand that? Don't come near...", she whispered to herself. "He's studying though? You don't really expect that from someone with such a tarnished reputation..."

"And why does he look so good in glasses?", Jihye blurted out, slapping a hand over her mouth with widened eyes.

"Get a grip, Jihye!", she told herself and she sneakily walked out of the library.

~~~

Ha. Joke's on her.

It was the fifth day and after realizing she kept thinking about the mysterious boy on the fourth day, she just let curiosity take over her.

She knows she shouldn't, but Jihye couldn't help herself but follow the boy to see where is he going everyday at this ungodly hour.

After possibly ten corners and a bunch of corridors, Jihye sighed seeing Renjun turning around another corner. "How many corners does this school have?", she huffed out before following him to turn around the same corner as well expecting him to continue walking until the next corner.

What she didn't expect was to get dragged and pushed against the wall. It happened too quickly, and when Jihye finally recovered she realized a hand was holding her firmly on her arm while another hand was on the wall above her, effectively pinning her.

"Why are you following me?", a raspy voice questioned her. Jihye looked to see Renjun glaring at her, head tilted to the side as his fringe loomed over his eyes.

"I-I...", Jihye couldn't speak.

"You what? Use your words, butterfly", he whispered, leaning closer. She didn't even notice the close proximity until she felt his hot breath fanning her face, which made a blush creep up.

"Not talking, huh? What should I do then...", his cold hand gently touched her face, the touch making Jihye shiver.

"There's a special consequence to annoying people like you, after all", Renjun led his hand drop, cupping her neck as a threat to choke her.

Jihye widened her eyes, feeling a bit of pressure on her neck which slightly made it hard to breath, the close space between them making it even harder.

Seeing she still won't reply, Renjun sighed in disappointment and took his hand away, stepping backwards.

"Just because you're cute, I'll let you go. Now run, before I change my mind", his voice didn't waver and held no emotion, but was so authorative that it made Jihye quickly run away.

She stopped in her tracks though, leading Renjun to raise an eyebrow.

"Did you just compliment me?"

"I called you cute"

"Yeah, that's basically a compliment"

"Cute people get on my nerves, so technically I just insulted you"

"Oh", Jihye suddenly felt less scared, although Renjun just spilt the fact he finds her irritating and obviously doesn't want to speak with her.

Feels weird, the past few days have been so confusing for her. From getting scared in her wits to cursing the living hell out of him to even admiring him, it was no secret that this boy is driving her nuts. And it's not a good way, or she thinks so.

"That doesn't hide the fact I'm still cute though", she winked.

Renjun deadpanned at her, making Jihye awkwardly smile and slowly walk backwards. "Haha...see you around?"

"More like you should hope you don't see me around anymore, or else you'll stop breathing"

"Because you're breathtaking to look at, am I right?", Jihye was cursing herself out in her head but still proceeded to say dumb things that she know she'll end up regretting.

"If looks could kill, you'll be dead by now butterfly", Renjun gave a dark and forced smile, the kind of smile saying 'if you don't leave, you're gonna regret it' which definitely made realize what she just said.

"Got it! Bye!", Jihye turned around and really ran away this time.

~~~

"Earth to Na Jihye, hello??", she woke up from her trance and blinked rapidly trying to realize what was happening, only to notice that they were at a pedestrian light waiting for it to turn green.

"Huh?", she let out a confused sound, eyes big.

"I was asking if you want to go to the theme park", Jaemin repeated.

"Oh...there's a theme park nearby?", she asked as they crossed the road.

"Yeah, it's called Doori Land. Only 30 minutes from our neighborhood"

"Sounds cool, are the boys joining?"

"No, I kinda want this as a moment for us to bond you know? To make up the times we weren't together...", Jihye smiled hearing it come from her twin.

"I'll love to, bro", Jaemin smiled widely, his pearly whites showing.

"Great! We can go after dinner, how does that sound?", she nodded which led to Jaemin smiling even brighter.

"H-hey! What are you doing?", he swung his arms over Jihye's shoulders and put her into a headlock.

"My cute little Hyenie~ I love you~", Jaemin exclaimed in a overly cute voice.

"Ahh Jaemin let me go!"

"No~", he gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I gave you a kiss, now give me a kiss too~"

"I'll give you one. Now let me go!", before she realized, they ended up in front of their house already.

"Aww, you guys are bonding better than I thought", Ms Na opened the door to see both of her children having fun. Or at least one of them.

"Mom help! Jaemin is trying to kill me!", Jihye yelled for help.

"I'm not killing you, silly~ Nana can only kill people with love~", he clinged onto her with a smiley face.

"Did you seriously just called yourself Nana- ahhh let me go you clingy brat!", Jihye cried out loud.

Ms Na smiled happily, seeing the two have fun together.