N I N E T E E N

"Hey Ji, are you joining the fencing tournament this year?"

"No, I'm not"

"Oh? Why not? You're literally the ace here!"

Jisung gave a small smile at them, coming out of the fencing club meeting room and stopping in the middle of the corridor as he stood to speak with his juniors. "There's no need to, it's just a win afterall"

"Alright...if you say so I guess"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure", he last said before giving a nod and finally going on his way.

As he walked, Jisung being the clumsy cutie he is, dropped his sabre which made a loud sound that echoed. Cringing a little by the sound, he went down to grab it.

Only to have someone else do it for him. Looking from his position, he visibly tensed for a bit as he stared in front of him.

Renjun only raised an eyebrow at him. "Quick, my arm still hurts"

Jisung rose from the floor and took the sabre from him, giving a small thank you. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you forget? Art club is right beside fencing"

"Ahh", Jisung nodded in realisation, before looking down. He didn't know what to say, as it felt distant between the two.

But he noticed some bandages on the other's hand, and remembered what he said before this. Which led him to questioning the older.

"How did you get hurt?"

Renjun who was staring off in the distance, suddenly turned his attention back to the youngest. Following where he was looking, it was then he got reminded of what happened.

"Got into some gang shit, nothing much", he shrugged.

And exactly why he did it.

"Oh...am I supposed to feel afraid though?"

Renjun looked at him weirdly, before coughing a little and playing with his tie. "What do you mean?"

"It's been a couple years, you haven't changed as much as you think Hyung", Jisung chuckled a little, softly as he was still afraid he might get a beating.

"You still do things on purpose, although it'll lead to some consequences. In this situation, you unwillingly decided to join a fight just so you could make us avoid you. Right?", Jisung have a knowing smile.

Renjun widened his eyes by a fraction, staring at the taller for a bit before turning and coughing a bit. He spared glance from his peripherals, before finally admitting.

"How did you even guess right?"

"I'm psychic, duh"

"Haha", the older deadpanned. "Well anyways, I have class and an impatient girl waiting for me so I'll go first", Renjun said as he walked past and gave a pat on Jisung's shoulder.

He walked a distance, before slowly coming to a stop. "Oh, and Jisung?"

"Huh?", the younger turned around.

He gave out a long sigh, to show that he's agitated although he's really not. "It's not just a win, Jisungie"

And with that, he walked away finally leaving the younger with many thoughts.

Jisung just gave a small smile as he went to his own class.

"It's been a few years, and you still say the same thing. You really never do change, Hyung"

I'm on holiday~ I'll take this chance to hopefully finish this book in a few days! So expect a lot of chapters hehe