• G O •

"Hey! Stop right there!"

A teacher was seen, yelling and running after someone. But for the three boys, they didn't even realize what was happening.

"Wanna go to the arcade after school?", Jaemin asked.

"Sure! What about you, Jun?"

"No need to even ask", Renjun chuckled.

The three were so busy conversing that they didn't realize someone was near to almost crashing into them.

"Get out of the way!"

Renjun who was in the middle, got pulled away by Jaemin out of force. Not even able to register what was happening, a breeze passed by him and all he could see was a boy running away at lighting speed, almost.

"Are you okay, Jun?", Jeno asked once he got to them.

"Yeah, I'm fine but...who was that?"

"Oh dear, are you boys alright?", the teacher stopped running and came close to the boys,visibly tired as he panted heavily.

"Yes teacher, but what happened?",Jeno asked.

The teacher could only sigh. "That boy...his grades are dropping so much. I'm trying to help him but he only keeps running away. If this continues, he's going to get expelled"

"That's horrible!", Jaemin exclaimed.

"Yeah, but teacher you've already done your best. If he doesn't want to listen, then it's up to him", Jeno said.

"Yeah, you boys are right", he sighed again. "I just want him to have a good future, that's all..."

"Yeah...", Renjun trailed off as he looked at the direction the boy ran off to.

~~~

"Hey"

Donghyuck looked up, eyebrows raised as Renjun sat beside him on the rooftop.

"Who are you?"

"Huang Renjun, I'm in your class"

"Oh", Donghyuck seem uninterested. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard you're close to getting expelled"

"Ugh, don't tell me that teacher sent you", he rolled his eyes. "I don't care, go away"

"But what about your future?"

"Future?", Donghyuck chuckled bitterly.

"This future of yours, you're ruining it"

"I don't care. No one cares, really", Donghyuck leaned on his hands. "I never heard my parents ever being proud of me, so I just gave up I guess. They don't care so why should I?"

Renjun frowned, not liking his words. "But I care"

"Tch, you're just here because of that teacher"

"You're wrong about that, I came here on my own will"

Donghyuck looked at him with doubt. "Really?", Renjun nodded.

"Studying is fun, if you know how to do it right. Come on, I can tutor you"

"Yeah, no thanks"

"Uhm, I wasn't really asking"

"What- hey wait!", Donghyuck felt himself being pulled to get up, and forced to leave the rooftop as the short male trailed behind.

"What are you doing? Move", Renjun nudged the boy who stood still.

Donghyuck let out a deep sigh, and turned around with a glare. "Listen, kiddo. I don't care about my grades, and neither should you. Stop being nosy"

Renjun only gave a mocking laugh, wiping away the tears that formed on his eyes. "Nice one, Hyuckie. But I'm going nowhere, you see"

Taking him by the arm, together they walked down and to the library despite Donghyuck's protests.

"Hey kid! Let me go!", Renjun pulled him to face him, tsking at his behavior.

"Me? A kid?", Renjun scoffed, before glaring right back at him. Donghyuck visibly gulped, for once he felt intimidated by the shorter.

"You're really testing my patience", Renjun poked his cheek using his tongue. "For your information, this 'kid' is older than you for three months. So how about you learn to shut up, kiddo?"

Donghyuck was too surprised to reply back, and only let the boy pull him into the library. Forcing him onto a chair, Renjun took his bag and searched for a few things.

"What subjects are you bad at?"

"Maths"

"Anything else?"

"Physics"

"And...?"

"Bio, Chem, Book keeping, Econs, History, Business-", Donghyuck got cut short when a large bundle of books slammed onto the table.

"Aka, you suck at everything. Got it", Renjun sat down. "Let's start with Math then"

"Okay...but what am I getting out of this?", Donghyuck questioned.

"Good grades?"

"Not convincing enough, bye", he got up, only to be pulled down again. "Ow, my ass!"

"You like the arcade, right?", Renjun asked, ignoring the other's complaints.

"Yeah I do, so?"

"Finish this study session with me and we'll go to the arcade for an hour"

"Psh, you expect me to believe that?"

"What do you mean?", Renjun raised an eyebrow.

"No offense, but you don't look like the type to play games-", Donghyuck cut off his words when he saw Renjun pulling something out of his pocket.

"Wanna say that again?", Renjun said, almost proudly.

"T-that's a unlimited point arcade card...", Donghyuck gulped. "In gold, only gold cards are given to-"

"To those that play there everyday for a month, so let me ask you. Do you still think I don't play games?", Renjun snickered, seeing the card visibly states his own name.

"Okay you definitely do...so how about we-"

Renjun slammed a hand on the table. "No. Not until you finish studying"

"But-", Donghyuck whined.

"Shut it, Hyuck", Renjun put a hand in front of the boy who finally deflated in defeat. Smiling a little, Renjun found the boy to be entertaining and hoped that this would lead to a friendship between them.

"Okay, enough talking. Let's start with calculus, shall we?"