T W E N T Y - T W O

"I wonder who was that person that made Renjun react like that

"I wonder who was that person that made Renjun react like that...", Jihye mumbled to herself.

"Hmm, I hope he's comfortable to tell me soon", she opened the door to her home and walked in. "I'm back!"

"There you are, where did you go Hye?", Ms Na said as she said on the sofa.

"I was hanging out at Renjun's", Jihye shrugged. "Is Jaemin awake?"

"I think so, let me change his towel-"

"No, no. You sit down and watch your drama. I'll do it"

Ms Na looked at his daughter, sceptical. "Are you sure?"

"Trust me", Jihye said before disappearing into the kitchen.

When she came out holding a basin filled with water, she exhaled as a form to calm down before finally walking up the stairs to her brother's room.

Knocking gently, she heard a quick "come in!" and opened the doorknob gently and came in slowly.

"Hey", Jihye said. Jaemin tensed a bit, knowing who it was and looked at her.

"Hey", he replied the same way and kept his eyes on her until Jihye came close and sat down on the edge of his bed.

"So, I need to- you know..."

"Y-yeah sure", Jaemin laid down and let Jihye took away the towel from his forehead. Checking his temperature, Jihye sighed in relief.

"You're finally getting better. The boys missed you, they keep bothering me about it", Jihye let out a breathy chuckle as she soaked the towel and place it on Jaemin's forehead.

"Hmm...what about you?"

Jihye halted in her moves. "I...well yeah of course I missed you too. You're still my brother after all"

Silence remained between the two of them. As Jihye was looking away, Jaemin only stared at his sister. It went on for like that until Jihye turned and faced him too.

Again, a few minutes passed. And finally, they both broke into laughter.

"Wow, we're so awkward", Jaemin added.

"I know right", Jihye laughed.

"Hey, Hyenie", Jaemin began. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that"

"No, I'm sorry as well. You were just worried after all"

"Are you still hanging out with Renjun?"

"Yeah", Jihye played with Jaemin's fingers. "I hardly hang out with the boys, but it's been really nice to be with Renjun"

"You like him, right?"

"Yeah, and he likes me too"

"How can you be so calm about this?", Jaemin raised an eyebrow at his sister's behaviour, while she only shrugged.

"It kinda feels like we have no feelings, and it also feels like we've known each other for a long time I guess"

"Yep, that's Renjun. He really has that vibe don't you think?"

"Mhm", Jihye nodded. A thought suddenly came to her, and she bit her lip with eyebrows furrowed wondering if she should ask or not.

"Ask me already, I know you're curious sis", Jaemin flicked her forehead.

"Ow, okay! No need for flicking", Jihye pouted a little.

Standing up straight, she faced Jaemin and finally asked her question.

"What happened between you and Renjun?"

~~~

"Why are you avoiding me?"

Jihye jumped when she heard a voice. Not knowing how to react, she just stared straight at her locker while continuing on putting her books in.

Her silence only made Renjun more ticked off. With a hand he slammed the locker close, fully gaining her attention.

"I asked you a question", Jihye gulped hearing authority coming from his voice. It felt unfamiliar to her, considering he never sounded like that to her these days.

"I-I was just busy these days, that's all", Jihye stuttered. Staring straight at her locker, a sharp sigh was heard as she felt her head being turned to the side to face him.

"Look at me when we're talking", Renjun spoke. "And I know you're lying, tell me the truth"

Jihye gulped. "And why would you want to know? I thought I was annoying to you"

Ignoring her words, he leant on his side. "That was before. I literally confessed to you the other day, and now you're like this? I just find it weird how you were so persistent on getting to know me, and suddenly we're strangers again. It's not cool to ghost someone like that, feels like you're just leading them on"

The other day on the rooftop, when Jihye told him those words he actually felt relieved. As much as he's still afraid, he really wanted someone to reach out for him and it seems Jihye wasn't hesitant in doing so. Renjun thought that she could be the one, until suddenly she distanced herself away from him. It was weird, almost frustrating and overall, just hurtful for him.

Renjun looking away, the silence between them grew to become awkward as they just stood there with no exchange of words.

"Jaemin...", Jihye started. "He told me"

Renjun perked up at the sound of that, and turned his heard towards her. "Told you what?"

Jihye hugged her books close to herself as she mustered up the courage to tell him. "Everything. Between you and him"

Yep, it was what Renjun feared the most honestly. But did he really expect to like Jaemin's sister without her eventually finding out what happened? Explains why she had grown further away from him. Deep inside, a part of himself shattered.

"What do you think of me then?"

"I...I don't know", Jihye answered truthfully.

"What about that day at the rooftop then? Did you really mean it, after all?"

Jihye faced him in the eye. After countless of meetings, she no longer felt stuck whenever they held eye contact. Instead, she secretly wishes for him to have eyes on her. And only, her.

"I do, but I'm just confused after all. I don't know what I should really do"

"Well, I know. And that is, you need to hear my side of the story", Renjun turned his back towards her. "I owe them this, after a long time. Meet me at the gates when school ends"

Renjun walked away, leaving a confused Jihye who also had her heart beating rapidly. Exhaling sharply, she clutched it as she walked the other way to her class.

"Stupid heart, calm down already!"

Idk what happened but I wanted to update earlier and Wattpad wasn't letting me ( ≧Д≦) but now I finally can omg