Punjab

"Dad, you know how important it is for me still you are expecting me to say no to this offer. I have prepared day and night to get this opportunity.

Do you really want me to join our family business and stop thinking about my dreams?

I always believed this job will give a kick start to my carrier but if you don't allow me to pursue it, everything will vanish." Shehnaaz said while sobbing.

Sanjeev Gill (Shehnaaz's father) gives a stern look and said "Shehnaaz, you know very well I cant see you sad. You have no idea how cruel this world is. Fashion industry, this limelight that you are imagining is not good for long term. I dont want you to fall in this trap."

He cupped her face and tried to comfort her "I am very well aware about your aspirations and if you don't want to join our family business then I can help you starting your own label here in Punjab."

Simran(Shehnaaz's mother) heard their conversation from kitchen, came near Shehnaaz, started caressing her hair and said "Baby your father is protective for you and he cant stay away from you. Take your time and give it a thought."

Shehnaaz was somewhere getting emotional after hearing what her mother just said but she tried again to convince her father "Dad I truly understand your concern. However its way too early to start a label of my own. At this time my only focus is to take hands on experience."

Her voice choked in between and she continued "I agree life will not be that easy in Mumbai without you and mom but you have always taught me to come out of my comfort zone and today you are the one asking me to take a step back."

"Such a flipper you are dad" she whispered.

"I know I cant win an argument using my logics. Go live your dreams and always remember never lose confidence in your heart and try to terminate all the problems from your path." he replied, glaring.

Yes dad. Thank you so much! I love you and she started jumping all around the house.

"Now just go and do your packing with your mom. Till then let me do all the arrangements for your flights and stay" he said and admired her giggles.

What do you think will it be easy for Shehnaaz to move to the city of dreams?

Its my first fanfiction, do let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.

Thank You for stopping by!