First day of work

After 4 hours, induction got finished.

Aarti came to meet all of them and showed them entire office and their seats.

They all settled down. Their seats were together and they bonded really well in short span of time.

Asim kept his eyes on everyone from his cabin. He called Aarti on her extension and asked her to come inside.

"So new joiners are here. You showed them our office?" Asim asked

"Yes Asim" Aarti replied smiling.

"I remember Madhurima, Vishal, Paras and Mahira as I have taken their final round of interview. But Who's that girl in yellow dress? I don't remember her." he asked with curiosity.

"She is hired as designer in our team. Boss has taken her interview. She is from Punjab." she replied

How come I am not aware about it. This is very strange he thought.

Let me search about her in our company's portal.

"Impressive work. Beside this she looks so enthusiastic. My gut feeling says she will become a very good designer, she just needs good guidance." he whispered

Aarti already feeling insecure and jealous after hearing Shehnaaz's praise from Asim.

"That we will get to know after seeing her work" she said with a forced smile.

"Nice idea. Lets give her some work. I have a very good project with me. I just can't handle everything by myself, need someone who can lead this project. Call everyone inside my cabin." Asim said.

Aarti called everyone, they came inside and started with their introduction.

Asim in his mind "This girl is different. The way she expressed herself, that innocence, that urge to learn everything is perfect. Shehnaaz, I will guide you for sure.

Vishal and Madhurima both of you will good exposure in this company.

But why Mahira is so overconfident?

This spoiled brat Paras, is here just to kill his time."

Their introduction ended and so does his thoughts. He welcomed everyone and took them to the warehouse.

So guys considerinh your aspirations, I have a project in mind that will give a good start to your career. Whosoever selected from you all will design clothes for big celebrities for a new TV serial "Dil Se Dil Tak" This is the time to show your talent and grab this opportunity.

Their eyes gleamed up with excitement.

Aarti interrupted in between "Asim you have already seen my work. So I will guide the interns."

"No. I want to give fair chance to all. You also come up with some new stuff. Submit you designs by end of the day tomorrow." he commanded to everyone and left from there.

"I am sure Asim is going to like my work only." Aarti declared while making faces.

Everyone left from there and started working.

Vishal and Madhurima being interns asked help from Shehnaaz. She politely listened their queries and explained them everything patiently.

Aarti interfered in between "Why you are asking Shehnaaz. She is also new. I have better understanding than her and why do you forget, you guys are reporting to me. So next time if you have any doubts ask me directly."

Despite of hearing everything, Shehnaaz ignored her. They kept quiet and continued their work.

Even after coming back home, Shehnaaz resumed her work. She was tired after a long day but work was her utmost priority. She made some designs however was not really confident enough to submit them.

She was getting restless. When she was not liking the designs, how can she expects someone to approve them. She took her time, had dinner in between and started again. She worked for 3 hours and finally designs were ready. Just a bit of final touch up was left which she thought to complete in office.

Next day in office, she completed her work and everyone submitted their designs to Asim.

Asim reviewed their work and was astonished to see the creativity of all of the new joiners. To his surprise, Aarti's designs were not up to the mark in their comparison.

He called them in his cabin "I really liked your designs. Shehnaaz, you are very creative. I cant believe this is your first official project and I am impressed with work of interns as well."

Aarti in her mind "I know you are saying just to motivate them but I am sure you will give this project to me."

Asim : Guys do you know about the lead actors of this show?

Everyone : Not really Asim.

Asim : There are three actors - Siddharth Shukla, Rashmi Desai and Jasmine Bhasin. You must have seen them all on screen. Now its time to work with them.
Shehnaaz, you are going to lead this project.

Aarti spoke in between "Asim, she is new. She does not even know how cranky these celebrities are. I know you might have thought I already have a lot of work with me but don't worry I will handle this as well. She can guide me."

Asim : No Aarti. She will learn with time. This is a great opportunity to showcase her talent.

Aarti got embarrassed, looked down and said "I will guide her."

Asim : Shehnaaz, I am giving you a huge responsibilty, you need to give your 100%.

Shehnaaz smiled and nodded yes.

He announced "Shehnaaz you will take care of Siddharth and Jasmine' outfits. Vishal and Madhurima you will assist her.

Aarti you will take care of Rashmi's outfits, Paras and Mahira will assist you.

And Shehnaaz, overall you will be leading this project. I would rather suggest you to go to the set today and meet them personally before starting the work."

Everyone congratulated Shehnaaz for her first big project and they dispersed.

Aarti thought why she is getting all the attention? First Asim made her project lead and now she is designer for two celebraties. Asim could have asked me to manage Siddharth's outfits.

Shehnaaz's happiness was on next level. She wanted to tell this news to Siddharth immediately however ,she thought to surprise him directly on his set.

She directly went to the set of Dil Se Dil Tak. She was searching for Siddharth there but he was nowhere to be seen.
Then she thought to meet Jasmine and Rashmi. She goes near their vanity and heard something. To her surprise, it was Siddharth's voice.

She became sad after hearing their conversation, immediately left from there and went to her home directly.

This is the longest update I have written so far.

What are your thoughts on this part?

Any guesses what Shehnaaz has heard? Why she became sad?

Do let me know in the comment section below.

Don't forget to vote.

Happy Reading :)