Chapter 1: The Mission

As soon as Gabrielle finished fixing her gladiator sandals, she saw a Golden Retriever running towards her. Its fur flowed freely by the cool wind, shining as it goes; while its tongue is out, indicating how happy it is to see the angel.

Gabrielle's lips instantly spread into a smile. She opened her arms for the adorable creature to jump on, ready for the impact. The dog jumped and Gabrielle instantly hugged it. "Did Caramel miss her favorite angel? Who missed her favorite angel, hmm?"

Caramel just licked on Gabrielle's face, earning a laugh from the angel. "Oh, I missed you too, furball."

The two of them were having fun until a female angel approached them with a smile on her face. "Hello, Gabrielle. Seraphiel is already waiting for you inside."

"Oh, right." Gabrielle returned a smile and nodded at the female angel with a thanks. In the Celestial Palace, everyone shows bright personalities. No negativities at all, which makes the place a wonderful place to live in.

"I'll be back, Caramel." The angel then immediately ran towards the white mansion as she almost forgot her superior was calling for her.

It has been a week when she had her last mission, and now that she's receiving a new one again, she's coming late on her superior.

She skipped the steps on the stairs, thinking that it's a quicker move for her. She made a slide in front of Seraphiel's door as a brake from running. She calmed her breathing and fixed her hair and white dress that stopped on her knees.

She swallowed a lump on her throat before knocking on the door, bracing for Seraphiel's reprimanding tone, but to her surprise, his voice came rather calm. "Come in, Gabrielle."

Gabrielle opened the door and found Seraphiel behind his desk, writing something, probably for the principalities and dominions. His dirty blonde hair was slightly disheveled, but he still looks presentable. "Please sit down, Gabrielle." He told the angel as he pushed back his spectacles, still not looking at Gabrielle. He was indeed busy.

"Aren't you going to reprimand me?" Gabrielle carefully said as she slowly sat on the velvety red chair on the right of Seraphiel's desk. Again she  prepared herself for her superior finally about to reprimand her.

"Nope." He said calmly. Again. Gabrielle looked at him amusingly, almost looking like she's mocking him, but luckily he didn't see her. "I mean, you rarely have a break of missions for one week so I won't go hard on you. Besides, there's more to tell you than reprimanding."

He was right, almost all the time, Gabrielle gets one mission after another. She barely gets a single day of break or rest. Not that she's complaining, it is her duty in the Celestial Palace. Everyone in the palace has their own duties. For Gabrielle, she's been slaying numerous Underworld beings. Some ordinary beings, some that are even more dangerous.

"Okay, so what's my mission today?" Gabrielle asked.

Seraphiel finally stopped writing. He took off his eyeglasses, his dark blue eyes finally clearer in sight. He raked his fingers on his hair, pushing it back, as he leaned on his chair. "For this mission, you are to tame seven men and get rid of their curse before he obtains them in time." Seraphiel explained, his tone observed in a balance of seriousness and authority.

Gabrielle tilted her head to the side, both surprised and amused of the different given task. Her bangs shifted along with it, showing her raised eyebrow. "Really? Just tame them? What a piece of cake."

"It's not just taming them, Gabrielle. This involves him already." Him. The King of the Underworld, the antithetical world of the Celestial Palace. Gabrielle hasn't seen him yet but she is well aware of how deceptive this King is. How easily he manipulates humans in doing such awful doings.

"But isn't he always involved in all of our missions?" It was a stupid question of Gabrielle to ask, and she definitely earned a look from Seraphiel. "Alright, alright. I know what you mean."

Seraphiel nodded his head and took something from his drawer. He had a folder in his hand and gave it to Gabrielle who looked at it, puzzled. "Those are the information of the seven men you'll be handling starting today. You are given approximately one month to succeed it. Before next month's eclipse, if you fail, who knows how doomed we'll all be."

Gabrielle chuckled as she turned the pages one by one, making sure to memorize all the information of the seven men before she goes down  to the mortal world. "One month is too long, Seraphiel. I'll accomplish it in one week."

Seraphiel let out a hopeless sigh as the angel stood up and started stretching her arms, getting ready for her new mission.

"Well, good luck on that one week you're saying, Gabrielle."

°°°°°

Gabrielle flew freely through the night at the city. She loved flying through the night. She loved how the cold night wind hits her face with her hair flowing behind her like a feather. She feels free from any duties and missions she constantly receives.

The instrumental music from the restaurants at night are as comfortable as the sound of traffic slowly subsiding as time goes by. And the fact that no human can see her flying with her wings exposed feels so good to her.

She was slightly sad that this moment is about to end as she's getting near to her first destination, the home of the first cursed man: Pride.

Gabrielle gracefully landed on the balcony almost as light as a feather. Her wings disappeared on thin air and she skipped her way to the slightly opened door. She stopped in front of the door, fixing her composure because they have an image that must be presented to humans, being angels themselves.

Through the slightly opened door, the lights were off but the moonlight illuminated the room. Gabrielle can see a man with his back facing her across the room. He was in front of the mirror, probably looking at himself.

He looks about 178cm tall. He has dark brown hair and Gabrielle could get a glimpse of green highlights on his bangs through the mirror. He only had a white shirt on with checkered blue pajama pants that pooled down to his feet.

Gabrielle was beginning to get curious so she silently stepped in the room. She was slightly surprised how the man didn't even notice her entering the room. She kind of thinks this is illegal, entering someone's room without permission but she shrugged off the thought. It's not like she's going to do something bad to the man, right?

The man, who remained to be oblivious of Gabrielle's presence, stood straight in front of the mirror, his hands now on either side of his hips. He raised his head, looking at himself with such love while striking poses as well. "Ah, how could I look this good even when I'm not dressed up?"

As soon as the man finished his statement, Gabrielle snorted which finally got the man's attention, and which in addition, surprised Gabrielle as well. The man instantly turned around, slightly stumbling on the mirror. He placed his hand on his chest, feeling the rapid beating of his heart. "Who are you!? And why are you here!?"

Gabrielle realized her eyes were widened so she fixed her composure once again, clearing her throat. Then she smiled, almost like a robot because of how quick she regained her composure. Nonetheless, the smile looked so angelic and true.

"Hi, I'm Gabrielle and I'm an angel from the Celestial Palace." She stepped forward, her smile still on her angelic face. "Nice to meet you, Ravn, the cursed man of pride."

Ravn, whose hand is still on his chest, has his jaw dropped and his eyebrows meeting in confusion. Thoughts started clouding his mind like an error on Microsoft Windows. Angel? Celestial what? Cursed? Pride?