Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld

"Your cookies better not look like chicken nuggets, Elle." Ravn teased while he sat on the chair with his arms crossed. He watched Gabrielle opening the oven to put the tray of cookies inside.

Since cookies were Gabrielle's favorite, she decided to make one by herself. It's the first time she's baked.

Gabrielle scoffed at Ravn's remark. "They wouldn't look like chicken nuggets because I'm a pro, Ravn. I don't fail." She heard Ravn laugh as she placed the tray inside the oven. She closed the oven and when she turned around, Ravn was already in front of her. He placed his hands on the counter, caging Gabrielle in between. Even so, There was still much space between them.

She gave Ravn a weird look. "What are you doing?"

"Why? Can't I stand in front of you?" Ravn asked innocently but his smile is not even disappearing. Gabrielle rolled her eyes. "Of course. But kindly observe social distancing, mister." She tried pushing Ravn away with a finger pushed to his chest. As if it's even going to push him away.

"I want to ask you something."

"What is it this time?"

"Is my question already answered?" Ravn asked and Gabrielle looked at him like he's stupid. "You haven't even asked me anything how could I answer that? Let's get yourself checked."

He shook his head and just looked at Gabrielle.

"What?"

"I asked you something before." Ravn said which got Gabrielle thinking. She thought of anything that Ravn asked previously. "You didn't ask anything."

"At the garden...?" Ravn raised his eyebrow and slowly, Gabrielle remembered.

It was her response to his confession.

"Oh." That was all Gabrielle said.

"So?"

Gabrielle gave him a look. "Do I have to answer now?"

Ravn's lips parted. "It's not a yes?" Gabrielle hides her smirk as she saw the look on his face. "I mean, at the hospital garden? When we...? A-And you didn't object when mom told me you're--"

"Relax, Ravn." Gabrielle laughed. "Those are my answers."

"W-What?"

"Those you mentioned, they were my answer to your question."

"Really!?" Ravn's eyes lit up and Gabrielle nodded with a smile on her face. She's actually entertained with this. Ravn swallowed a lump on his throat. "Then, can you tell me it?"

The smile on Gabrielle's face dropped. Now the tables have turned. "Do I have to?"

"I want to hear it." Ravn said and Gabrielle shook her head. "You already know it. Why do you want me to say it?"

Ravn pouted which inwardly frustrated Gabrielle. "I want to hear it exactly from you. Pwetty pwease?"

The pout and the baby tone of Ravn gave an effect to Gabrielle. She looked at anything except for his eyes, before looking down on the floor. "I like you too."

Ravn's lips slowly spread into a wide smile like a kid. Gabrielle looked at Ravn through her lashes with a frown, her cheeks slowly turning red. "Happy?"

Ravn nodded, unable to contain his smile. He looked at how Gabrielle is frustrated and red. "Goodness, you're so cute--" Ravn whined and leaned in for a kiss but before his lips could even meet Gabrielle's, the angel already covered his mouth with her hand.

This stopped Ravn. He let out a muffled whine through Gabrielle's hand. In return, the side of her lips curled into a smile. "What are you doing, mister?"