Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1

"I think it's time for me to say," The king paused as his smirked widened.

"Checkmate."

The boys pursed their lips as they hesitantly admitted their defeat. They dropped their swords in front of them and that was when the king signalled for the guards to get them.

They unwillingly let the guards restrain their hands from behind, their eyes glaring at the king who had a triumphant look on his face.

"Take them to their cells then maybe we'll celebrate afterwards, all of you." The king dismissed them and began to walk out of the dungeon.

There were seven guards left, each holding the boys from behind. They began to walk them to their respective cells.

The mortals were at the front of the walk, while Seraphiel and San were at the back. Seraphiel's eyes wandered around before meeting San's eyes.

They both understood each other.

San intentionally stepped on his shoelaces and acted like he almost tripped, thankfully the guard caught him. "Let me fix my shoelaces."

"Don't think smartly, traitor. You think we're letting your hands free? Think again." The guard holding him, who was smaller and thinner than him, gave him a look.

The tactic didn't work so Seraphiel cleared his throat.

"Then tie my shoelaces yourself if you won't let my hands go. You can't carry or drag me with your body like that. I wonder how you became his guard."

The guard pursed his lips and sighed before walking in front of San. He crouched down and began fixing his shoelaces.

Seraphiel and San shared one look before the San raised his foot to kick on the guard's jaw. The guard was thrown backwards and San took the opportunity to place his hands in front through his legs, inwardly thanking his flexibility. He instantly straddled the guard and placed his hands on the guard's head, snapping it before he could even make a sound.

On the other hand, Seraphiel, who was also flexible, has his hands in front of him now. He choked the guard with his restraints until he fell limp.

None of the guards in front of them heard what was happening as they're too occupied with the noise the mortals were saying in anger. In addition, they were getting farther and farther.

Seraphiel and San took the opportunity to hide away the guard's bodies. The angel let out his sword and slashed it onto the guards to make them wither and disappear into ashes.

Both of them hid in the corners of the dungeon.

"What do we do now?" San asked, as he let Seraphiel break the restraints in his hands with his sword.

"For now we have to stay back and plan our next move." Seraphiel paused. "We'll have to go to the celestial palace and inform them about this."

°°°°°

"Attack!" Seraphiel yelled and the angels soon jumped out from their hiding place.

"What is this!?" The king was filled with rage. His eyes met Seraphiel and San, his eyes showing pure shock. "How did... Didn't they get rid of them already!?"

"That's what you thought." San said as he stepped in front of the king. The mortals looked at San in surprise, their jaws dropped. They couldn't believe they're seeing him here, even against the king. They didn't even notice the chains that restrained them were being removed.