Chapter 33: The Eclipse

For so many weeks, they have finally stepped out of the cells that suffocated them. It may feel less restrained to them, but knowing that they're free from those bars means another proof of their doom. Not only them but for the world.

Nothing that happens in the underworld is good for them.

Today was the only day when the boys are fully conscious since for the past days, they've been going through the procedure nonstop. It almost made Gabrielle crazy to be with them who aren't even moving or talking because most of the time they're unconscious.

Yet, even if they are all finally conscious, they couldn't even talk. Only their eyes spoke a million words.

Gabrielle was being dragged out of the room. They soon reached a wide area that was illuminated by the 'sunlight' perhaps. At the sides were guards and underworld beings in cloaks without their faces shown. In front was a big platform with seven poles in line and a royal seat, probably for the king. A few meters in front of the platform lies a single pole.

"Go tie them up. The time is running." Seonghwa ordered the guards, not sparing a glance on the eight of them.

Obviously, the seven boys were tied to the seven poles on the platform. They all tried to free their hands but only the banging of metal to metal can be heard.

On the other hand, Gabrielle was dragged towards the middle, there at the single pole in front of the platform.

They sat on the ground helplessly, giving up from pulling on the restraints behind their back as it started to make their wrists swollen.

The eight of them just looked at each other.

"Why is Gabrielle at the center? Are they going to do something to her?" Xion asked, his eyebrows meeting in worry and nervousness.

"I don't know, but something feels bad about this set up." Seoho said. "And I don't like it."

"Nothing's going to happen, okay? Let's not think negatively." Ravn tried to sound positive but deep inside he was honestly nervous. He doesn't feel good about this too. He looked at Gabrielle who just gave him a reassuring smile, making him want to jump out from his restraints and free her.

"I can't even see San. Where is he?" Keonhee turned his head around to find San, as if he could get to him and kill him on the spot in this state.

"Probably ashamed to show his face to us and Gabrielle." Leedo grumbled, still annoyed at San.

"But shouldn't he stand proud? He should be looking at us with a smirk already."

"That bastard is unpredictable. I won't care if he shows up or not. I'll probably kill him after this ceremony."

"So you've accepted our fate already?" Keonhee looked at Leedo with an emotionally-drained face.

"Like I have a choice." He rested his head on the pole and pursed his lips.

The chatting of the hooded beings suddenly stopped when they heard the footsteps on the platform. They sat straight, making the boys curious of who was walking from behind them. The turned their heads and saw the king who looked down on them with a triumphic smirk on his face. His gaze lingers on them for a while before looking at Gabrielle.

His smirk widened.

"Ah, what a wonderful day it is today." The king sighed happily as he stood in front of the crowd, his back facing his throne. "The day has come for my victory, and the beginning of your end."

He said the last line with emphasis as he looked at Gabrielle, before he looks at the crowd. "My friends, eclipse has came and that means, it's time for us to witness the ceremony of our future pillars of the sins. Our future kings under me, the most powerful."