Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath

Ravn has finally stayed at the house Gabrielle has provided for the 7 cursed men. The thought made Gabrielle smirk, as if Seraphiel could see it and hear her say, I got one down just as soon as I got down on Earth. She was pertaining to what she said at the Palace, that she would finish this mission in one week.

"One down, six to go." Gabrielle muttered. "And two on the way to be in my hands." She glanced down at the alleyway. She was on top of a building, currently down with her knees to her chest like a kid watching his paper boat flow down the river, except, she's watching down at two men ganging up on another vulnerable man. "So I guess that one's cursed with wrath, and the other one's cursed with envy."

On the alleyway, a Red haired man about 176cm was standing whilst his back is leaned on the cold brick wall, he wore a denim jacket and jeans with a white shirt on the inside and dirty white shoes. He had his arms crossed as he watched the scene in front of him unfold.

Meanwhile, Gabrielle examined the other man who was beating up the civilian who's on the floor clutching his stomach. The man has blue hair and probably has a height of 178cm, since he seemed to be a little taller than the red head. He wore a white shirt with a denim jacket without sleeves. It was then paired with denim jeans as well and dirty white shoes, just like the man leaning on the wall. If Gabrielle doesn't have a clear eyesight, she would probably think they're twins from afar.

"Take back what you said!" The blue haired guy yelled at the man below him, giving him a hard kick. The man coughed up blood and Gabrielle winced at the sight, whilst the red head didn't even show any reaction but a deep stare.

Gabrielle mentally comforted herself. That's okay. Yes, he's strong but I can handle him. He's just a human. I've fought beings that are way stronger than him.

"I-I'm sorry." The man whimpered. He has curled up into a ball. "You should have known to keep your mouth shut before calling Seoho--"

"Leedo, enough. I just want his car." Seoho, the red haired man, interrupted. He was probably getting impatient.

His car. Gabrielle's brows furrowed at the familiar word and remembered what happened last night with Ravn.

"Hold on tight, because we're going to fly!" Before Gabrielle could fly, Ravn jumped out of her arms, stumbling in the process. He held on the railings behind him. He looked at Gabrielle like she's gone crazy, on the other hand, Gabrielle just looked at him.

"What do you mean we'll fly? With me carried by you?" Ravn asked. "I'm a man. Too noble to be carried by a lady as small as you."

That was when Gabrielle realized their height difference. Her 166 cm height was towered by Ravn. He was looking down at her, both metaphorically and literally. "Let's get to my car instead."

Gabrielle looked around the car she sat in. "So this is what's inside those moving objects." She muttered to herself.

"Isn't my car nice?" Ravn boasted as he closed the door to his left. When he was about to fasten his own seatbelt, he glanced at Gabrielle, who is clueless as it's her first time to be inside a car. He leaned towards Gabrielle, catching her off guard. Turns out Ravn was reaching for Gabrielle's seatbelt. He tensed at how their faces were close, he realized too soon and kind of regretted it. His face slowly turned red and quickly fastened her seatbelt. He mentally cursed in annoyance that this lady with her doesn't know what to do inside a car.

"That's how you fasten your seatbelt. Do it yourself the next time we go out. I'm not your assistant or something. I'm too perfect to do that." Ravn ranted out and Gabrielle nodded as she looked through the window, completely oblivious of the awkward situation that happened earlier. It was only Ravn who felt the awkwardness since Gabrielle never knew about situations like those. It was simply a man helping someone fasten their seatbelt.