Chapter 6: Sloth

Gabrielle rested her head on the bath tub as she let the warm water engulf her in comfort. She closed her eyes, trying to relax herself, but she couldn't.

Even after happily celebrating Keonhee's birthday last night, she still couldn't feel at ease at all about what happened with the snake. She has never been this anxious-no. She never felt any anxiety when she does her missions. This was the first time. Was it because her mission involves mortals? Was it because the King is finally involved? Or was it because this mission holds everything from the Celestial Palace, The Underworld, and the Mortal World? Gabrielle doesn't know, and that made her anxiety grow heavier.

She remembered telling Seraphiel this was an easy mission. That this is a piece of cake. Now she looks at herself eating her own words.

Everything struck her. How close the snake was in getting Keonhee's soul; for not being careful in speaking which made the snake learn who Keonhee is; and for almost having the snake report to the King about what the Celestial Palace is up to.

One careless move and her mission will fail. One careless move and all will fall to doom. She couldn't afford to let it happen.

She cannot imagine what could've happened if she came too late, or if she didn't hear that faint giggle of the snake. It was so close, she was fortunate to hear it.

She cannot imagine if she had let the snake escape from her grasp when she flew. The thought of the snake successfully returning to the Underworld to report to the King scared Gabrielle. It would certainly enrage the King, and who knows what will happen when he finds out they're on the move.

She needs to gather them all as fast as possible.

A knock on the bathroom door startled Gabrielle, snapping her back to reality.

"Gabrielle?" It was Seoho. He probably knocked on the bedroom's door and realized she was in the bathroom.

"Yes?" Gabrielle replied, looking at the door.

"I've finished cooking breakfast and the rest of the guys are already there." He replied from behind the door.

"I'll catch up, Seoho. Thank you." Gabrielle said sweetly, concealing the worry that was spreading within her. She must get things straight.

When Seoho left, Gabrielle finished her bath. She changed into another white dress. Everyday she wears a white dress, but with a different style. This time she wears an off-shoulder white dress that stopped a few centimeters above her knee. She wore her gladiator sandals and swiftly combed her hair while looking at the mirror. Afterwards, she made her way out of the room. She didn't need make up, her natural look was angelic enough.

She glanced at the boys happily eating breakfast in the kitchen, probably enjoying the food Seoho cooked. Gabrielle had to admit, he's a great cook. She just took a sandwich and ate it without sitting down. She rested her arms on the chair.

They all looked at her. "Aren't you eating? Sit down." Leedo said motioning at the vacant seat beside him. Gabrielle shook her head, on the other hand. "I'm in a hurry to get Hwanwoong."

"Darling, if you're on a mission, you should eat well. Take care of yourself too." Keonhee said as he swallowed his food. Hearing the nickname got Ravn looking at him, and then back to Gabrielle.

"I'm not hungry anyways. That's okay." She replied with a smile. She didn't look at the foods for so long since her stomach might rumble.

"But I cooked these for the first time. Aren't you gonna try them?" Seoho looked sad, which made Gabrielle sigh in defeat. He felt bad for the man.