Chapter 14: Double Encounters

Keonhee, Gabrielle, Yoojung, and Yeosang sat on a table with four. The couples were beside each other, Yoojung in front of Keonhee, and Yeosang in front Gabrielle.

"How about we go order the foods, Gabrielle?" Yoojung suggested. Gabrielle looked at Keonhee first before nodding, as if she knows how to order. "Sure,"

"What do you want, Yeosang?"

"Just the same as you." He smiled at Yoojung. He just likes anything. Yoojung faced Keonhee. "How about you, Keonhee? Chocolate?"

Keonhee nodded. "Yes, Chocolate."

"It's still your favorite after all." Yoojung grinned and Keonhee let out a small smile in return.

Gabrielle and Yoojung left the table to order foods while the remaining boys sat in silence.

The silence was uncomfortable so Keonhee tried to break the ice. "So How's Yoojung?" Yeosang looked at him before glancing at Yoojung who was laughing with Gabrielle. "Well, she's fine. Her career's going smoothly. Next week she's flying to New York for a photoshoot."

Keonhee nodded and fell silent. Not being able to speak anymore. Atleast he knew she's doing fine.

"Is she really your girlfriend?" Yeosang asked as he tilted his head to point at Gabrielle. "I heard you were a playboy after you and Yoojung broke up. They said you never get involved in relationships--"

"It's actually none of your business but I thought I did too. Gabrielle was different from other women. Sounds cliché but it's true. She never came to me because of money or pleasure but because she saw who I was before. I guess ten years couldn't compare to five months."

Yeosang's gaze dropped at his answer. He nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Drop the act. You're not even really sorry. I saw the proud look on your face." Keonhee lowkey snapped. "You don't have to say anything about it because things happened and I'm not even interested about it anymore."

"We're here!" Yoojung brightly said with their hands holding the trays of ice creams. They were already sitting down. Keonhee looked at Yoojung. She still looks the same except her long brown hair. It was already short. She's still the beautiful lady he once loved.

Key word, loved. He just realized that his heart wasn't beating fast anymore. No more butterflies in the stomach.

He didn't even feel any need to have a closure. Yoojung is happy with Yeosang and he doesn't feel anything anymore, now that he finally saw them in person. It seemed like a confirmation.

They didn't need a closure, but seeing each other happy with another pair was already considered as a closure for them.

"So, how about we catch up?" Yoojung asked. "How many years were you together?"

"Almost 2 years." Gabrielle smiled as she ate her cookies and cream ice cream. "Kind of short compared to a decade-like love but were all good. How about you guys?"

"Well, we're together for three years already." She shyly replied and Gabrielle raised a brow, it had a hint of amusement or mockery. "Oh, right. I heard."

"I don't know a lot about you Yeosang. Will you talk to us?" Gabrielle jokingly said. Yeosang bowed his head as an apology. "Oh, sorry. I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Kang Yeosang. I'm a model too under the same company with Yoojung."

Gabrielle raised her eyebrows, waiting for more. "And...?

"And..." Yeosang trailed off. "I love chicken."

Yoojung and Gabrielle laughed at how his introduction ended. "I didn't think you we're funny, Yeosang. You're both good looking and funny--"

In the middle of Gabrielle praising, her mouth was stuffed with chocolate ice cream. Keonhee put down the spoon and looked at her. "Hey, hey! Why are you praising other men when your man is here? Huh?"