Chapter 4: The Secluded House

The sun was already setting as soon as Gabrielle finished explaining to Seoho about everything, from her mission as an angel and to them being cursed. Silence consumed them, however it wasn't awkward. Seoho kept driving while Leedo was at the back, still unconscious.

"I'm relieved you didn't freak out." Gabrielle spoke, tapping on her seatbelt. She already knows how to fasten it because of Ravn, thankfully. "Do you really believe that I'm an angel? You could've atleast called me a crazy wannabe angel." She winced at the memory with Ravn last night.

"Well, based on how angelic you look--" Seoho paused, caught on his choice of words. It gave his cheeks a pink tint. Well, she indeed looks angelic to Seoho's eyes, but he cannot just say that. "I mean your get up looks like one... You gracefully landed on the ground after jumping off a building, which is very impossible since it's too high and someone as small as you could die if you jump from that height."

Gabrielle nodded but Seoho added, "The only thing that makes me doubt about it is how could an angel be violent? Even your strength when you fought Leedo. Aren't angels supposed to be, you know, angels?"

A smile of embarrassment was on Gabrielle's face. "I have to admit that I probably went too far on fighting with a mortal. I should have tried to get on Leedo's good side. But for your information, I really fight. Angels fight too. Only, to the Underworld beings I told you earlier."

Seoho hummed in reply. "Don't you have wings?"

"I do have wings but I'm not a fan of showing it off." Gabrielle replied as she recalled how she showed her wings to Ravn. She remembered the reaction he had. The way he was in awe. The scenery with the moonlight showering them kind of made Gabrielle shy. She doesn't like being looked at in awe or in admiration, or given such attention.

"Alright," Seoho nodded. "I guess I won't see it yet."

"I'm glad that you aren't the type to freak out instantly. You're always composed. The previous man I told about this called me numerous names. We got into an argument before he finally believed me." Gabrielle smiled. "I like you."

Seoho let out a cough as he heard what Gabrielle previously said, the pink tint on his cheeks coming back once again. "What?"

"I like you." Gabrielle smiled as she looked at Seoho. That, that gesture honestly made Seoho's heart skip a beat. "I'm just glad that I have a composed cursed man who gave my mission a swift process at the moment. I can tell that you can help me a lot when I finally find the rest of the cursed men."

After that, Seoho released a relieved sigh. "Oh, so that's what it is. Of course I'll help you. Let's help each other out to get over this curse before that King comes on screen."

Gabrielle's smile widened and she clapped her hands. "Sounds great! Thank Goodness, my mission's going to get easier."

Seoho smiled too and once again, the car became silent, but it wasn't awkward at all. It was comforting. Gabrielle watched the trees from the window to her right. The house was kind of far from the city. Seraphiel chose this place to minimize connection with a lot of people. It's better to be secluded.

A tall brown wall of bricks trailed at the side, indicating that they're almost home. As the sky was turning dark, a tall black gate with a Victorian design is finally in sight.

"We're here." Gabrielle said and Seoho stopped the car. He leaned forward, trying to take a look at the house they're about to stay in.

Gabrielle removed her seatbelt and went out of the car. She crossed the street and went through the other side of the gate which was smaller, like a door. She then pushed the larger gate to the side, opening it wide for Seoho's car to get in. Seoho immediately drove the car inside and as soon as Gabrielle closed the gate, she went in the car.