Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2

"No!" Gabrielle yelled and flew towards San. Seonghwa jumped away from them with a victorious smile.

San slid down on the floor and watched the hole in his body widen. Gabrielle crouched down and placed her hands on his abdomen, tears stinging her eyes. "W-What do I do?"

"Shh," San whispered. "It's okay."

"No, it's not! You're dying!"

"At least I died doing what I finally want." San said calmly, ignoring the burning pain he's feeling. "Watch out."

Gabrielle turned around and was lucky to block the sword Seonghwa was about to slash through her. She was pushed to the wall. She held on her sword horizontally while Seonghwa's was held vertically. "How could you do that to him!?"

San couldn't even move. He only watched them by the side helplessly as his body was slowly withering. He let out hisses of pain and hoped for someone to come here to help her.

"He's a traitor, what else should be done? He deserves that." Seonghwa smirked evilly. "Now, you're next."

"Not today." Gabrielle grumbled and kicked Seonghwa by the abdomen, sending him away.

"This is such a familiar scene." Seonghwa chuckled.

"Yes, but this will be the last time."

Seonghwa and Gabrielle clashed once again and this time, they fought like it was the end.

As they both fought off the platform, San watched them silently. He was slowly fading on the ground but he still had a smile on his face. "I wish you luck, my angel."

San closed his eyes as he finally faded, his ashes flying through the chaotic place. It became mixed with the other ashes that also faced defeat just like him.

It felt like forever, the battle. It felt endless for them even though there were many of them dying already. Are there more angels and underworld beings coming? Who knows. Everyone was too caught up in their own battles. After killing, they proceed to another foe. None of them counted how many they were. It was exhausting, especially to the mortals.

"No!" Xion yelled as he was pushed down on the ground. He was now in a battle with a ghoul on top of him, however, Leedo luckily went for him in time.

"None of us are dying, buddy." Leedo picked him up by the hand and Xion nodded. "Yes. No one will."

Gabrielle's eyes just glanced to his side to check up on Xion who was thankfully saved and Seonghwa took this opportunity to attack. He kicked on her shin, sending her down on the ground. He straddled her but Gabrielle was quick enough to block his sword with hers. The blade of her sword was dangerously close to her face.

As their swords pushed further for dominance, their eyes glared at each other with burning rage and determination. Right now, Seonghwa seemed to have more advantage of the situation they're in. This could be the last dead end she'll face. There are no next times. It's either him or her.

Dude, let me survive for the last time. I promise I'll never put my guard off next time.

I won't be careless and relaxed anymore. Please.

If I can't hold on much more I'll be dead.

And damn, I'm getting tired.

But damn, I can't let this jerk win.

"You never learn, do you?" Seonghwa smirked down at her. "You keep on putting your guard off."

That smirk on his face. I hate it.