Chapter 7: The Underworld

As soon as the ghoul made sure the angel and the cursed man of lust are out of the garden, he stepped out of the shadows. He looked like a complete human being. He was wearing all black from head to toe.

He looked at the broken ground and wall that the angel made by smashing the snake.

He clicked his tongue, finally seeing the famous Gabrielle and her strength. He glanced at the wall where the snake disappeared into ashes and gave it a look of pity. "Too bad you couldn't escape."

The ghoul smirked, darkness filled his already dark mind. "Now I have something to tell the King."

°°°°°

The ghoul made his way to the King's Palace with excitement. He hummed as he starts to think of how the King would praise him or to what reward he will give him. He was just so excited. Now that he has arrived at the Underworld, his eyes were now all black and dark veins started to show on his fair skin like a web.

He stopped by the Palace's gate and faced the guards. "I need to speak to the King."

"Did you set up for an appointment?" The guard asked, his face void of emotions. The ghoul stepped forward and leaned towards the guard to whisper. "Tell the King I know something about the cursed mortals. He'll let me in."

The guards exchanged looks at each other. The left one gave the right one a nod, indicating for him to leave and report to the King. Minutes later, the guard came back and whispered something to the left guard. The left guard opened the gate and let the ghoul inside, who then smirked in satisfaction.

He made his way inside the palace, the right guard following him from behind. It was his first time entering the Palace and he looked at it with so much admiration. When the inside of the Palace looks so elegant with gems and riches, the place outside was in pure ruins. The underworld beings lived darkly. Others accepted their fate and lived accordingly to the Palace's orders, some turned into rogues going in and out to the mortal world to feed on any souls they want, and of course, while despising the King. For those who aren't rogues, they only wait for the condemned souls that are brought down to their world, which wasn't even enough to satisfy their wants. They always want more, and that is why some of them turned into selfish rogues.

The huge door made of steel was soon opened for the ghoul to enter. There he saw the King sitting on the throne with a snake sitting beside him, her hands trailing on his coat and her eyes looking at him with lust. She had a black fitting dress. Her eyes were black, shining under the Palace's chandelier. Her fangs bared out and her thin tongue slithered on her dark red lips. In the Underworld, the normal ones show their true form as ghouls, snakes, and other kinds of it. The people in the Palace looked like they're humans, on the outside, since they take something to keep themselves young and to make them look more human-like.

The King was young. If he was a mortal, he wouldook like to be at the age of 28. He wore a black coat made of velvet cloth, with white fur at the edges. His skin was fair and his skin never showed any signs of aging.

The ghoul stopped in front of the King and showed respect. He kneeled on the ground, his head bent down. "Your highness,"

"Tell me what you know." The king ordered the ghoul.

The ghoul stood up and mentally smirked. It's my time.

"About the cursed men of the seven deadly sins, the Celestial Palace finally knew about them." The ghoul watched the King's face contort into shock and anger.

"I was at the mortal world, and I heard two women talking. It was an angel and a snake. They were talking about angels and cursed men. I found out that the man who was with them is the cursed man of lust. The snake was about to kill him but the angel came." The ghoul paused. "You wouldn't believe which angel came to save the cursed man."

"Who?" The King inquired, he was curious and his anger was slowly building up upon knowing someone from the Celestial Palace knew about the cursed men.

"Gabrielle." The ghoul spat. "The angel who remarkably slays our kind, Your Highness."

"What!?" The King exclaimed his hands tightening into a fist. The snake beside him flinched at the King's reaction.

The ghoul continued. "I also found out that Gabrielle already has the three cursed men in their hands. The cursed man of lust was the fourth one."

The King stood up, his face lit up with rage. It got the snake falling on the ground with a surprise. She just looked at him from the ground.

The King started pacing back and forth in front of his throne. His breathing became heavy as his anger was slowly filling to the brim. "That wretch. Why is she always in my way!? And that Celestial Palace. How could they be so quick?"

"I came to you as soon as possible, Your Highness." The ghoul said. "I believed this is a very important information for you to know." The King glanced at the ghoul below him. He faced him sternly, gaining back his composure.

"Thank you. It was really helpful. I'd like to meet you later to talk about your reward. You are dismissed." The King said which sparked a light inside the ghoul. He let out a hidden smile of victory as he bowed down to the King once again. "Anything for you, Your Highness."

Once the ghoul left, the King's smile faded. "San!" His voice reverberated throughout the palace. The palace guards shook, startled at the King who suddenly yelled. A moment later, a ghoul showed up in front of the King, bowing first before him.

"Your Highness." San replied. He was a first-rate ghoul, and he had one of the best qualities in the Underworld. He's the King's favorite servant. The most reliable one, even in battles. San wore a long sleeved leather top that hugged the base of his neck. It was paired with leather jeans and black combat boots. His hair was brown and you could see white highlights at his left side. His hair was combed and styled neatly at each side as it's parted. His forehead was exposed, and if his bangs were down, his hair would look like a pie chart.

"I want you to go up and look for an angel named Gabrielle. She's on the move at obtaining the 7 cursed men. We cannot let her get them all, we need those men before next month's eclipse." The king ranted. "Do everything you can. You can take the men away from her, or kill her. Just don't let her accomplish anything."

The King paused. "Yes, that's it. Just kill her so that she wont interfere with my plans anymore. That wench has slayed a lot of our kind and now she's destroying my plans with the cursed men. Kill her. Take her head, and I'll show it to the Celestial Palace before displaying it in my room."

San bowed down once again, "Yes, Your Highness."