Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot

"Get off me!" Gabrielle fought him off but Seonghwa covered her eyes and started to lean down to her ears to blow onto it in order for her to lose consciousness.

However, instead of feeling a blow of air to her ear, she only felt him collapse on top of her. The grip on her wrists loosened and she felt Seonghwa limp and motionless.

Gabrielle saw Ravn standing in front of her with worry and panic in his eyes. He dropped his sword and instantly pushed Seonghwa off from Gabrielle and pulled her into a hug. "E-Elle. Are you alright?"

She wrapped her arms around him, and felt her own hands shaking. "I'm alright."

Ravn pulled away from her. "Didn't I tell you to never get distracted!? He almost could have taken you with him!"

Gabrielle was taken aback at Ravn's outburst. His voice echoed through the room, gaining the rest of the boys' attention. She looked at them and realized the intruders are dead.

They have won. For now.

She couldn't believe they won. Even Seonghwa has died. Thanks to Ravn.

"I'm fine, okay? Everything's okay." Gabrielle said as she looked at Ravn. "You saved me again."

This made him calm down and smile.

"I'll always save you no matter what--" Ravn's sweet voice soon turned into a choked one. He looked at Gabrielle stiffly, and then down to the blade that went through his chest.

"What--" Gabrielle looked at the blade in the middle of his chest and to Ravn whose blood gushed out of his mouth. Before he could even say her name, the sword was pulled out from him and he slumped on the ground.

"Stupid mortal thinks he could kill me with an ordinary sword." Seonghwa smirked as he looked down on Ravn with mockery.

Gabrielle's eyes jolted open, her voice strangled in her throat. Her eyes met a rusty ceiling. An unfamiliar one.

Where am I?

When Gabrielle tried to move, she felt something holding her hand. She turned her head to her left and saw a familiar brown hair.

Xion...

Xion was sleeping. His right arm was resting on the bars that separates them, while his right hand held her left hand. He was sitting up while he holds her hand and while Gabrielle was laying down unconsciously.

"X-Xion?" Gabrielle spoke out, her voice sounding hoarse. She looked around and found herself in a cell.

Everything came back flashing through her head. The bloody battlefield and Seonghwa's unexpected revival.

When Xion felt Gabrielle's hand moving, he instantly woke up and realized she's finally awake. "Gabrielle! You're finally awake! How are you feeling?"

"I think I'm fine. How long have I been out?" Gabrielle sat up so they'd be at the same level with Xion.

"Today's supposed to be your fourth day."

Fourth day. It's almost a week for Xion here. Gabrielle placed her hands on Xion's face, her thumb brushing on the scar on his cheek. For how many days, she has finally saw him. Alive. "How have you been doing?"

Xion just looked down and avoided her eyes. "It's scary here, Gabrielle. They're doing things to me and Mingi. I want to go home."

Gabrielle felt her heart ache when she heard him sound so scared like a kid. Yet, she couldn't forget what he said. "What are they doing to you? Did they hurt you?" She frantically looked at him for bruises or wounds.