Chapter 32: Lost Hope

Gabrielle's eyelids were getting heavy from watching over Mingi across the room. She couldn't talk to anyone or even do anything but worry. She was only left looking at Mingi who still hasn't woken up.

Just as she was about to finally let the darkness consume her, she heard multiple sounds of footsteps and grunts from the outside.

"You're going to pay for this!"

Gabrielle froze at the familiar voice. She looked at the door as she swallowed a lump in her throat.

It can't be.

That's not Ravn.

"Dude, my cloak!" Another voice came.

That's not Hwanwoong.

It can never be them.

The louder the sounds have become, the faster her heart beats as if it'll jump out of her ribs. A few other voices began to sound clearer. She could recognize the voices. She knows whose voices they were even if she tries her best to deny it.

The door to the isolated room opened wide and Gabrielle could feel her stomach drop when her thoughts were confirmed. She looked at the boys who were held from behind, her eyes wide and her lips quivering.

At first it was Ravn, he saw Gabrielle inside the cell, looking like a mess. He fell silent, and soon the rest of the boys followed to see her. They all stopped struggling.

"Gabrielle." Seoho muttered as he was being dragged by the guard to a cell.

"M-Mingi." Hwanwoong gasped at the sight of their friend completely unconscious and full of wounds. "What did they do to him?"

They were all harshly shoved into their respective cells. Even Xion was dumped carelessly as well. After the assigned task, the guards just left them like a finished chore.

The room fell silent as the door closed.

"Are you okay?" Ravn asked Gabrielle.

"Why are you all here?" She replied with a question instead, not knowing whether to be angry or to be worried.

"There was nothing else we could do. We needed to do something already." Ravn reasoned out. The rest of the guys nodded in agreement.

"We couldn't afford to waste time anymore." Seoho added.

"And you think this was the right way? Do you even know how Seraphiel would even react if he knew you came down here by yourselves!? In the underworld!? You're basically willing to step into your own cages!"

"Seraphiel approved of this. He wanted to do this. We planned this. We came here with a plan until things happened."

"He knew this? Then how could he leave you all here? He should be with you." She started to get frustrated. "Just stop making excuses of your pointless decisions. Nothing's going to change anyways."

"We're not making excuses, Elle! Seraphiel is with us. He lead us. Also San."

"Oh really? Then why don't I see him with you?"

"He is here--" When Ravn turned to point at Seraphiel's cell, he realized that he isn't even here. "What?"

"Wait, what?" Keonhee's eyes widened when he realized Seraphiel isn't with them. "Where did he go?"

"San's not here too." Seoho looked around the room.

"I knew it!" Leedo's voice boomed out from his cell. He clenched his fists in anger. "He set us up!"