Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)

5 years later...

Ravn stared at the view from his window. He looked at the fluffy clouds that gave shade to the houses under it. That's when the clouds moved, the sun showered the houses with light. It was a beautiful sight plus the children who were playing outside.

He smiled at how one little girl wore an angel costume. He remembered the person that he loves so much.

He even laughed at how sassy the little girl was when a boy tried to make fun of her. She was so small compared to the boy but she looked so powerful that even the boy who teased her behaved like a puppy.

"Daddy, daddy!" Ravn's thoughts were soon interrupted as he heard a small voice.

He turned his head and saw his daughter run towards him. Instantly, his face brightened up. "Yes, Hayoon? What does my little princess want?"

"Seongmin and Hyeongjun won't let me join in their game." Hayoon mumbled with her lips pouting. She crossed her arms and the sight made Ravn laugh at her cuteness.

"Aw, why? What are they playing?" Ravn lifted Hayoon and placed her on his lap.

"They were playing with guns. They said it's only for boys." The grumpy look on Hayoon's face never even left.

"Do you want to play guns?"

"Yes! I want to learn how to shoot. Pew! Pew! Pew!" Hayoon made a finger gun and started shooting imaginary bullets.

"Well, if you want to play so bad, then let's go. I'll scold Seongmin and Hyeongjun for not letting you join them."

Those kids. I knew they are going to be so close like this when mom gave birth to Hyeongjun.

"Nah," Hayoon shook her head, her curly pigtails swaying side by side. "I'm not mad anymore."

"Then what do you want to do?"

"Hmm," She placed a finger on her chin, as if she's thinking. "Chocolates. I wanna eat chocolates."

"You want chocolates? I'll give you chocolates! Millions of it!" Ravn lifted Hayoon as he stood up, making her squeal and giggle. She hugged her father as they walked out of the room.

"I want a house made of chocolates!"

"Like Hansel and Gretel?"

"Yes!"

"Then we'll build one! A very big house made of chocolates!"

"I also want unicorns as our pets there! I like them pink!"

"Then we'll get some unicorns! What else do you want?"

"Hmm," she paused. "Lots of dolls too! Pretty ones!"

Ravn and Hayoon made it downstairs and walked towards the kitchen. "Mommy, mommy! Daddy's going to build me a house made up of chocolates!" She spread her little arms widely. "He's going to get me unicorns and lots of pretty dolls too!"

Hayoon's mother turned around to give Ravn a look. The look she gave him just screamed, "What are you telling her this time?"

Ravn shrugged his shoulders and mouthed to her.

"Just play along, Elle."

°°°°°

"I love you so much... So please live happily for me." Gabrielle pressed her lips onto Ravn's, a tear slipping down her cheek. Ravn hugged her as he cried.

He hugged her tightly, until he only hugged himself.

"No." Ravn sobbed. The white ashes flew away through the silent wind but Ravn still hugged himself, as if Gabrielle was still there. His tears never stopped running down and his cries became painfully unbearable to hear.