Chapter 23: Captivity

"Let me out, you bastards!" Mingi yelled out as he banged on the bars of his cell. He gripped on it with his head sticking out. "Open this! I'm going to kill you all!"

Besides his continuous yelling and banging, the guards outside didn't give any care. They stood straight outside, letting Mingi's deep angry voice echo through the isolated dungeon.

Mingi gave the cell a kick before dropping on the cold ground below him. His breathing was ragged but he managed to cool down himself. He looked at the empty cells besides his own. There were eight of them.

He concluded it's for the seven cursed men, and the eighth one is for Gabrielle.

Gabrielle. Yunha.

Mingi remembered them and what happened before he was taken.

"I promise to never lose grasp of you, Yunha." Mingi kissed Yunha's forehead before he embraced her. Yunha buried her face on his chest, missing his warmth that she never felt for so long.

Both of them stayed like this for a few minutes. None of them moved, both feeling comfortable and at ease.

The comfortable silence was then interrupted by a knock on the door.

"It must be the pizza guy." Yunha said as she got up.

"Why is he knocking instead of using the doorbell?" Mingi asked, annoyed at how the pizza delivery guy is being rude and how he's basically barging in the house. He's also annoyed at how he ruined their peaceful moment.

Mingi got up to follow Yunha and reprimand the pizza guy but as soon as he made the first step, he saw Yunha collapsing on the ground, now unconscious.

This shocked Mingi. He rushed in to help Yunha but was then abruptly stopped when San stepped inside the house, completely revealing himself.

"What did you to her!?" Mingi furiously yelled at San. He charged at him to grab him by the collar but San knocked him out cold from giving him a painful and forceful punch on his abdomen. The strength he used was enough to knock a mortal out from pain.

Mingi fell to the ground. The last thing he saw was Yunha and the last thing he heard was Gabrielle's rushed footsteps and yelling.

Mingi pulled his hair in frustration and worry for the both of them. He didn't know what happened next and not knowing that is killing him.

Soon after, Mingi heard the door to the main room open. He got up and gripped on the bars to look at who's coming in. He immediately recognized who was coming in as soon as he saw the pie chart like hair.

Mingi's anger fueled up once again.

"You! It's you!" Mingi yelled at him but San just walked, completely unbothered. "Let me out of here, you sick bastard!"

San stood in front of Mingi's cell. Far enough for San to not let him get a grasp of him. He knew he'd react like this, and one step closer would have his neck gripped by Mingi. Not that he care that a mortal would do that to someone like him, he just doesn't want any more trouble with him.

He made up something in his mind too.

"Where did you bring my girlfriend!? The angel!?" Mingi asked, still reaching for San through the bars. "If you touch them I'm going to kill you with my own hands!"

San sighed. "They are safe. I did not take them. I don't mean any harm to them, especially the angel."

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about!?"

"I'll tell you everything if you calm down. We can't be heard. I'll be on your side." San quietly said, loud enough for only Mingi to hear. This stopped Mingi from reaching him. He puts his hand down, looking at the ghoul in front of him with confusion. "What do you mean you're on our side?"