Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?

"So what's the good news, Seonghwa?" The king excitedly said but he looked confused when he realized Seonghwa only came back alone. "Where's San?"

"Your highness, I'm afraid San has betrayed us." Seonghwa bowed his head.

This made the king's eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean?"

Seonghwa told the king everything, igniting a fire inside him. The king slammed his fists on his throne and stood up. "H-how could he!? How could he do this to me!? I didn't raise him only to stab me in the back!"

"It was unexpected, your highness. Even I couldn't believe it."

"That angel. How could she twist him up! Again and again she's ruining everything!"

The look of anger in the king's face was indescribable and scary, but still, it made Seonghwa happy.

Of course it would.

"I'll make him pay for it. That rascal." He said. "We'll use him and give him the taste of the double blade he's holding. I suppose he's already with them, am I right?"

"Probably, your highness."

"Then that makes it easier to find them because of San. Tomorrow, you shall start. And forget about killing that angel. I want her alive. I want her to suffer before she dies."

°°°°°

"I'm so glad you came home safe--" Ravn was the last one to come inside the living room from taking a shower after their training. It was what they did after feeling helpless.

He looked so relieved until he saw an unexpected guest.

"Why is that pie-chart headed thing here?" He said in disgust and confusion, pausing in the middle of the living room while looking at San.

"Sit down." Hwanwoong patted the vacant seat beside him. Ravn hesitated before sitting down but his eyes still never left San. He looked at Gabrielle who somehow looked annoyed at the presence of San too.

The rest of the boys just gave him a look as well, but none of them said a word.

San on the other hand, just fidgeted with his hands as he sat on the other side of the couch, his eyes on the ground.

Seraphiel cleared his throat. "Tonight we failed to find Xion due to an unexpected event, but still we gained an ally. Turns out he's been trying to save Gabrielle from her death."

"An ally!?" Keonhee said as his jaw dropped.

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Seoho added.

"That ghoul took Mingi. How could he become an ally?" Leedo looked angry.

"I apologize for taking him. I had a reason, and I was planning on bringing him back--"

Hwanwoong scoffed. "You think he's a book you borrowed from the library that you could return anytime you like?"

"Don't interrupt him." Seraphiel said. "Hear him out first."

The boys just sighed in exasperation.

"As what I was saying, I was planning on bringing him back, but my colleague somehow ruined my plans. He acted on his own and took another one of you. I'm sorry."

"Why are you even doing this?" Ravn asked. "What are your reasons?"

"Does he have to answer that?" Gabrielle finally spoke, her voice full of annoyance. She already knew the reasons, especially that one specific reason, and not even a bit it'll cheer her up.