Chapter 22: Fears

In the middle of her sleep, Gabrielle woke up to find her throat dry. She sat up and yawned while she stretches her arms. When she decided to stand up, she held onto the bed first to know much she could stand. Fortunately, she can stand well now.

She began to walk slowly and carefully.

Gabrielle reached the kitchen and opened the fridge to get some cold water. She looked at the darkness through the window and thought it was around 2 or 3 in the morning.

"You could have just called me, Elle." Ravn said from behind which made Gabrielle jump and almost choke on the water. She coughed as she turned around to see a worried Ravn. His arms were crossed to his chest as he leaned his arm on the doorway.

"I can already walk, Ravn. I also don't want to wake you up."

"What if you suddenly stumble down at the stairs? I won't care if my sleep is interrupted. I'm only next door, you can just call me and I'll give you anything."

"Ravn, you know me. I don't like inconveniencing people. And I'm fine. I didn't fall, see? Stop worrying."

Ravn sighed in defeat as he looked at Gabrielle giving him a reassuring smile. He approached her and gave her a tight hug. "How could I stop worrying about you when you're so hard-headed?"

She hugged him back but she lifted her chin to look at him. "I'm sorry."

"You're forgiven." Ravn grinned and softly kissed her lips. She hugged Ravn's waist as his hands held her face. When the kiss deepened, his right hand travelled down to her neck. His hand slowly wrapped around her neck.

Until it suffocated her.

Gabrielle's eyes widened. Her eyes met Ravn's now cold and dark eyes. His grip on her neck tightened as he lifted Gabrielle up, her feet slowly losing contact with the ground.

She couldn't breathe and she couldn't understand what's happening. "R-Ravn." She choked out, tears brimming in her eyes. She held on his wrist as she tries to pry his hand off but his grip was too strong.

Too strong for a mortal.

"Ravn, S-stop..."

Gabrielle didn't know if it's because of her suffocation that the world around her was getting dark but she could see how Ravn's eyes turned black and how small veins are creeping up on his now pale face and neck.

"What have you been doing, Gabrielle?" Even his voice changed. It was no longer the warm voice that comforted her.

"How could you let them take us? You are just full of words, you couldn't help us at all." His voiced echoed through the now dark kitchen and into Gabrielle's mind. It echoed inside her mind, sending chills to her spine.

Slowly, six figures started to appear behind Ravn. They all looked the same as Ravn with their eyes black and with the veins on their face and neck. But despite of how those figures looked, Gabrielle could recognize them.

Leedo, Seoho, Mingi, Hwanwoong, Keonhee, and Xion stood behind Ravn as they glared at Gabrielle with their soulless black eyes.

"You're too late, Gabrielle." Keonhee said, his tone feeling emotionless.

"Look what have you done to us." Hwanwoong followed.

"You broke your promise." Xion said.

"You're a failure." Seoho added with so much venom in his voice.

"You didn't even find me." Mingi was finally here, but he was full of hatred.

"Just come with us and give our King your head." Leedo stepped forward and lifted his hand to touch Gabrielle's face.