Chapter 25: Save Yourself

Mingi yelled out a curse of pain as he felt the hot steel touch his skin once again. His eyes were tightly shut as he felt the excruciating pain slowly take over his senses. He felt his eyes slowly close as the hot steel was lifted away from him.

"Y-you'll never get... A single word from me." Mingi tried to speak despite the pain. His body, that was now full of cuts, burns, and blood, is shaking like a leaf. "You w-will never find them."

The King clicked his tongue as he looked at Mingi. Seonghwa looked at him with enjoyment while San looked at him without any emotions. He faced the king and offered a suggestion.

"I'm afraid we have tortured him so much, your highness. However, I don't think he's really going to tell us where the rest of the cursed men and the angel are. I think it would be better to end it." San glanced at Mingi who was almost losing consciousness. The King pursed his lips as his fingers touched his chin, contemplating on San's suggestion.

"That's what it seemed like." He raised a hand to stop the servants who were about to give him another wave of pain.

Seonghwa faced the King. "Should we just go on with the procedure, your highness?"

San blinked as he looked at Seonghwa. "I think it's too rash to go on. He's still not in the right state--"

"He'll be fine. You can even see how he's talking to us after all that. Besides, we are even running out of time. We have to get things moving as much as possible." The King said, agreeing to Seonghwa's suggestion. "The two of you better start searching for them too. We cannot get any information from this mortal here. It's pretty useless."

Seonghwa and San bowed their heads. "Yes, your highness. We'll get started after his procedure."

"Good to hear." The king smiled in satisfaction. "San, please help them take the mortal to the other room so we could start."

"Yes, your highness." San replied.

The king and Seonghwa has left the room first, leaving San with Mingi and the two servants.

"I'll handle him. You can leave."

The two servants left and San began undoing Mingi's chains. "Are you alright?"

"Do you even think I'm alright in this state?" Mingi breathed. His hands were slumped down as the chain on his wrists are undone.

"I'm sorry."

"You told me you'd get me out of here."

Mingi was finally free from the chains. San lifted him up only for Mingi to find himself weak in the legs.

"I'm finding a good timing. Please have patience and trust me." San said before pausing. "The procedure won't hurt you physically, but I hope you'd find your way there and never let anything hold you or control you."

San stopped for a moment to look at him deeply. "Only you can save yourself this time."

Mingi was too exhausted but confusion grew bigger than his exhaustion.

"What do you mean? Are they bringing me somewhere? How will I know my way there?"

"Just listen to me and do what I said."

°°°°°

"Mr. Song. I would like to remind you of your appointment with Mr. Yohan at 7pm." The secretary shook Mingi awake from sleeping on his desk.

Mingi stirred in his sleep and woke up from his secretary slightly shaking his shoulders. "Didn't you see I'm sleeping?"

"I'm sorry, sir. You told me that your meeting with Mr. Yohan is very important."