Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books

"Can I ask for one cookie?" Little Xion's classmate asked when he saw him eating during snacks. His stomach rumbled at the sight of it but Xion shook his head. "Sorry. I have to eat this at dinner. My mom's not coming home."

He closed his lunch box and ate the cookie he held. His classmate frowned and went back to his seat, clutching his hungry stomach.

"Why are you lying to him, Dongju?" Xion's twin, Dongmyeong, asked him. He looked at their classmate with a frown on his face.

"I'm hungry." Xion shortly replied and even at that short phrase, Dongmyeong gave up. He knew they'd be fighting if he goes on.

Dongmyeong sighed and got up to give his cookies to their hungry classmate. Who then, was so happy for his kindness.

When class ended, Xion and Dongmyeong excitedly walked to the car. His father was driving, and his mother was at the shotgun seat. "Mom and dad! I got a star!" Xion grinned widely as he showed them the star on his wrist.

"Me too, mom and dad!" Dongmyeong proudly said, also showing his star.

Their mom instantly smiled. "That's very good, my little twins. You made mommy proud on my birthday."

"It's our birthday gift for you, mommy." They kissed her cheeks and sat back. They both fastened their seatbelts and later on, Xion took out his lunch box to eat the cookies.

"Aren't you going to be full, Xion?" His father asked. "We're going out to eat tonight."

Xion shook his head with a smile as he bit the cookie. "It's okay, dad. I can still eat when we get there."

Dongmyeong just looked at Xion eat his cookies, a look of dismay and sadness present on his face.

Xion ate all the cookies and when they arrived at the restaurant, they ate a lot for dinner. It's his mom's birthday after all.

As Xion grew up, his habit of eating a lot grew worse too. He loved to eat, and surprisingly he doesn't even gain weight. Sometimes, Not even for two days, the stocks of foods in his fridge just quickly runs out. He just grabs and grabs anything edible on the fridge as he watches films or plays games.

On the other hand, his parents didn't mind at all. He was spoiled. He just gets what we wants. When his parents are away for some business trips, he would buy his own foods at the supermarket. The cycle goes on when someone begs for food, and he ignores them like ghosts.

°°°°°

"Thank you, Gabrielle!" Xion said with glee as the carrot cake was placed in front of him. He looked at it so happily that even Gabrielle couldn't help but smile.

She watched Xion hold the knife, testing him if he'd eat them all. Xion took two slices and closed the box, surprising Gabrielle.

"I'll only eat two for the day. How about you, Gabrielle?" Xion asked as he started eating.

Gabrielle smiled. Proud of how Xion has improved. He didn't even whine or tried to hoard the cake. She shook her head. "I'm fine. I don't like carrots."

"What's this?" Ravn asked as he entered the kitchen. "You look like a happy mom watching her son eat."

Gabrielle gave him a look. "Do I look like a mother to you?"

Ravn shrugged his shoulders as he took a plate and a fork at the cabinet behind Xion. "You look like the mother of my future kids."

Xion choked on his carrot cake while Gabrielle's brows furrowed since she didn't hear him clearly from across the table. Ravn was muttering at that time. "What?"