Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1

Gabrielle was busy in the garden at the backyard. She was transferring the flowers from the soil to her newly painted pots. She decided to hang them up with a wire at the top of the glass roof. She was currently climbing up a ladder while tying the pot with a wire.

"Do you need help?" Ravn asked from nowhere which made Gabrielle jump and drop the pot. She tried catching it however she ended up falling off the ladder. She screamed and Ravn instantly rushed in to catch her in time but the ladder hit them back, making him sit on his butt on the soil. It hurt him but he was glad Gabrielle didn't fall or hit her head on the ground.

Gabrielle was basically on Ravn's arms and lap. Her eyes widened and she immediately got up on her feet. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

Ravn stood up too, trying to stop himself from wincing in pain. He thinks he sat on a rock. "It's okay, Elle. Are you hurt?"

"Am I hurt?" Gabrielle asked back, pointing at herself. "You were the one who hit the ground but you're asking me if I'm hurt? Wow."

"I'm completely okay. I'm just worried if you were hurt after the fall." Ravn said. "Your safety is what I care for."

Here he goes again with his words, Gabrielle thought frustratedly. His words that work like magic in her stomach.

"Well, you just surprised me. That was all. I'm not hurt." Gabrielle looked away. Down to the ground. "The pot!"

Gabrielle picked up the pieces, her faces turning sad. Ravn crouched beside her and helped her pick it up. "I'm sorry for surprising you."

She shook her head. "It's not your fault. Don't worry. I don't think I've tied it up with the wire good enough." She sadly smiled as she watched her newly painted pot that was now shattered into pieces, its flowers sprawled on the ground.

Ravn cleared his throat and tried to cheer her up. "Elle, just because it's broken, doesn't mean it cannot become beautiful anymore. Remember, broken crayons still color." Gabrielle gave him a weird look. "What nonsense are you talking about and why are you comparing a broken pot to a broken crayon?"

He smiled at her and took the other broken pieces from her hands. He placed soil on the bigger piece even though its side is completely cracked. He planted the flower on the soil and with the broken pieces, he stucks them up on the soil in a beautiful way like a design. He then formed it into stairs up until the bottom and placed some small leaves at a few spots of the broken parts.

The pot looked beautiful. It was if the flower is a statue and the broken pieces are a staircase up to the flower. It made Gabrielle smile.

"See? I told you it can still be used." Ravn said proudly.

"It's so beautiful." Gabrielle sighed and Ravn agreed. "Yeah, like you."

Gabrielle paused. "Nope. It's like you. Broken, but still beautiful." It silenced Ravn, reminding him something. However, Gabrielle spoke first.

"Why do you talk like that?" Gabrielle asked. Finally fed up with how he speaks and acts. Ravn was acting normal like the rest of the guys but she doesn't even know why he's shaking her up.

Ravn tilted his head to the side as he looked at her. "What do you mean?"

Gabrielle realized he doesn't really mean anything with it. So she shook her head. "Nothing."

"Oh," Ravn nodded before he began to mutter. "I thought you already noticed it."

"What do I notice?"

"Nothing." Ravn said and Gabrielle scoffed. "Now I'm trying to talk with you but you're not even opening up."

"Well, you answered me with nothing. Are you the only one who could get mad after being answered with nothing?"