History book

Summary: Peter's class is studying World War 2. He can't find his book. He finds another solution.

▪▪▪▪▪

"What were you thinking, bringing him?" MJ asked.

Peter was staring at a wall with unfocused eyes.

"I have no idea."

He thought back to the moment this nightmare started.

"Hurry up, kid, you're late!"

"Wait, please! I need my history book but I can't find it!"

"Then find a solution."

Oh, boy. Oh, dear God.

Why did he do it?

•××ו

History class went on and on, and Peter was seriously struggling to stay focused.

He fell asleep.

It wasn't his fault, okay? He hadn't slept the night before and he hated that class.

Peter was startled back into the land of the concious by the bell ringing, which was hell for his enhanced hearing.

The lack of sleep and the fact that he was confused were the reason he forgot his book at school.

Peter blamed crime.

•××ו

Peter hadn't even noticed the absence of his book until the next morning.

It wasn't strange for the teen to oversleep, but that day was different; he had only 20 minutes left, and the car ride to school was 10 minutes long.

"Oh, fudge!"

Peter jumped off his bed and quickly headed to the bathroom. He began changing at lightning speed and was all done in 5 minutes, which was kind of a record for him.

He still had to prepare his stuff for the day's classes and have breakfast, though.

Peter decided breakfast wasn't vital and simply ate one of his specially made protein bars.

Next, Peter started to look for all the books scattered around the Tower's penthouse, half of the protein bar held between his teeth.

He had eaten, dressed, had absolutely everything he needed for school- except his history book.

"No, no, no, this can't be happening-"

He had a special assignment for that day; they had to make an essay of World War 2, and he needed that book.

The one day he would actually use the book, he lost it.

Why was life so irreverent?

"Hurry up, kid, you're late!" Tony shouted at him from the kitchen.

"Wait, please! I need my history book but I can't find it!"

"Then find a solution."

He really needed to go. One minute more and he'd be late. But the book-

"Oh, fuck it!" Peter gave up.

But he didn't just say that to release frustration, nope.

"Language, Peter. We talked about this-"

The teen turned to face the man at his door, grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him towards the elevator.

"I've got everything I need now, dad!"

•××ו

I hate being so impulsive sometimes, Peter thought as Captain America sat next to him during history class and everyone stared, promising his life would be hell from that day on.