No longer a secret identity

Summary: Spider-Man's identity is revealed... and then Peter has to go to school.

▪▪▪▪▪

Something had happened. What exactly wasn't important; the important thing was what had been revealed.

Peter's secret identity, for instance.

He was so tired, so fucking done with life.

So when, the following day, Peter was swarmed the second he stepped into the hallway of his school, he simply jumped to the ceiling.

His identity was out, people were bothering him; it was the only logical thing to do.

The students gasped and filmed as he started walking upside down like it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He was Spider-Man, so it wasn't, but for them he had always just been Peter Parker, the resident nerd.

The resident nerd who now turned out to be a secret superhero that jumped off buildings on a daily basis, took stab wounds and gunshot wounds every day in order to help people and catch criminals, could surely kill someone with a punch even holding back his strength, and worked with the Avengers.

So, like, the usual.

Of course.

Sigh.

Yep, Peter gave up in life.

At least I can use my powers at school now, he thought as kept walking on the ceiling to avoid the crowd, ignoring all the phone cameras pointed his way.

•××ו

"What do you need, Flash?" Peter asked as he sat with his head in his arms. The bell had just rung, so everyone was still in the classroom, and interested enough to stay for a bit longer just to see how the interaction would go down.

"How did you know-?" he started asking but realized midway how stupid his question was.

"You aren't as silent as you think for people with heightened senses. I know your footsteps and breathing pattern well enough to recognize you," Peter admitted tiredly, finally lifting his head to look at the other boy. "As I do with all of you."

"Oh," Flash said. He wasn't expecting that.

"Anyway, why are you so nervous?"

The bully got defensive quickly. "I'm not nervous, Parker."

"Oh, so you're not calling me 'Penis' anymore. Good to know," he said sarcastically. "And, by the way, I know because I can hear your heartbeat. It's... quick, Flash."

From beside him, Ned spoke up, "Horrible pun, zero points to Hufflepuff."

"Spider-Man's a Hufflepuff?" Abe asked.

"I'm your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man for a reason, Abe."

"Oh, right."

Flash cleared his throat to gain the young hero's attention again. "I just wanted to say sorry about, you know, everything."

"About bullying me? Yeah, sure. But if you or anyone else tries that shit again in anyone... I don't have an identity to protect anymore." Peter grabbed his backpack and left the threat hanging in the air as he exited the classroom calmly.

•××ו

Of course, they had gym class that day.

Of course.

Peter did hate life.

At least he didn't have to change in the bathroom anymore. That was... good? Kinda?

But everyone knowing he was Spider-Man didn't stop them from gasping and staring once he took off his shirt. He had an eight pack, yep. And scars. Lots of scars.

Sighing, he pulled his gym tee shirt over his head and left the dressing room.

With slight curiosity, he wondered what the coach would do. Now that he knew nothing they had ever done had presented a challenge, what would he change for Peter?

"Gather around, children!" Coach Hedge yelled over the chatter. "Today we'll do some exercises to increase your arm strength."

Peter grimaced. That'd be boring, considering nothing in that gym could even make him break a sweat.

"One of you will be doing pullups in the bar and the rest of you will do pushups until it's your turn." He waited until they had all positioned themselves. "Ready, cupcakes? I don't care if you aren't, the timer has started!"

Everything started off normal, except for the fact that Peter was doing ten times the amount of pushups the rest of his classmates were doing. But whatever, they all already knew he could so why not?

But then it was Peter's turn at the pullups, and he wasn't planning on holding back as much as he usually did. He would hold back because even he didn't know the full extent of his strength, but he wouldn't pretend it was straining. Because it wasn't. At all.

"No, no, no, cupcake," the coach tutted five seconds into his turn, "this won't work for you."

Peter let go of the bar and asked, "Then what do I do?"

Coach Hedge looked around with a critical eye, but didn't seem to find anything he approved of. Until his eyes fell upon the heavy gym weights stored and forgotten in a corner. Their use had been banned after an incident, but they were talking about Spider-Man now.

"Pick those, one of 20 lbs for each side."

Peter turned around, stared blankly at Hedge, then balanced both of them with two fingers like it was nothing.

"Pick three of the 40 lbs ones for each side!"

Once again sighing, Peter picked them up and did the exercise he was told.

"This is obviously not working," Coach Hedge said in thought. "How much can you lift, cupcake?"

Peter shrugged. "No idea."

Then things got out of hand. Turns out he can lift his whole class all at once sat on a wooden board over his head without much problem.

Coach Hedge took a picture of it. It was fun.

•××ו

Peter scrolled through Twitter as he entered the penthouse of Stark Tower. The pictures and videos of the day were going viral at that point.

"Kid!" Tony greeted. "I have good news!"

"Hey, Mr. Stark! What is it?"

"Pepper's a genius, I tell you. She came up with an irrefutable story to cover up what happened yesterday! As long as you have lain low today, your secret identity will be safe!"

Peter looked at me.

"Oh, fuck you."