PJs

Summary: The Decathlon team misses their flight and Peter's reluctantly like " 'k hold up I'll take y'all in my private jet"

▪▪▪▪▪

"We're going to lose the flight! Hurry!"

Peter's Academic Decathlon team run through the airport.

"Not the time for neck pillows, Sally!" Mr. Harrington shouted.

The whole group hastily pulled their luggage as they raced from one end of the building to the other. There had been a confusion and now they were running late. They were all praying the plane hadn't left yet.

"Sir," the teacher called as he approached a staff member, "could you please tell me where can we board this flight?" Harrington showed the plane ticket to the man, who checked the screen that had all the upcoming flights, the ones boarding and the ones that had just taken off.

"I'm sorry, sir, but the plane left five minutes ago."

The teacher paled as he processed the words being said to him. All the money for the plane tickets and hotels, wasted; and they wouldn't be able to participate in the competition they had all studied so much for, the competition they had been waiting for anxiously for almost an entire year. And it was simply because of one mistake.

No one could believe it.

Peter didn't, for sure. He had sacrificed so many hours to practice. Instead of going out on patrol or getting the much-needed sleep, he had stayed with his group and studied until late at night. He couldn't believe those efforts had been in vain.

But what really afflicted Peter was the expressions on his teammates faces.

They had all been looking forward to the trip, and he knew many of them didn't have much money to spare for this kind of things, so paying for a trip they wanted but now wouldn't happen was both an extreme disappointment and an incredible loss.

Peter was conflicted. Maybe he could...?

No, that'd be insane. That'd be suicide. That'd- that'd make his friends happy.

Peter sighed, taking out his phone, and faced the team. "Don't worry, I'll make a call and get us a ride."

Everyone looked at him curiously. Some seemed hopeful, some seemed reticent.

"Dad?" The Decathlon team looked at one another. Wasn't Peter an orphan?

"As the leader, I say that this call concerns all of us and therefore we should be able to listen too," said MJ before proceeding to take the phone off Peter's hand and putting it on speakers. Peter didn't stop her, though he didn't look particularly happy either.

"Hey, kid," was heard from the other side of the line. "I thought you were going on a trip today?"

"Yeah, but we..." Peter hesitated, "we missed the flight." He was looking around nervously.

"Oh... do you need anything, then?"

"Actually, yes." He shut his eyes tightly, as if waiting for doom. "I'm going to take them in my private jet, but I need still need a pilot."

There were a few seconds of silence. The teenagers stared at Peter, some of them open-mouthed.

"You have- you-" Abe started, but Peter shushed him. Most of the others seemed to be dazed, it was obviously too much information to process.

"Which one?" Peter's dad said.

"Any pilot's fine-"

"No, I mean which of your private jets." Everyone snapped their heads towards Peter once again. He blushed.