Phone call

Summary: Peter receives a phone call during class. You know, the usual. Proper summary: Peter hates life.

▪▪▪▪▪

Peter hated life.

He had said it a million times, and he'd keep saying it. How could he not, when things like this kept happening to him?

"Answer on speaker, Mr. Parker," the teacher said, bringing Peter out of his hopeless thoughts.

With shaky hands and a look of utter misery, Peter took his phone out of his backpack and, after a small pause in hopes that the floor would open up and swallow him whole, with no luck, he answered the phone.

"Peter, we need you for a mission right now-"

Peter hated life.

"Fury-" 

"You have to be here in 5. It's urgent-"

Peter hated life.

"Fury-" 

"There are aliens-"

Peter hated life.

"Fury-"

"The Avengers are all here already, you're the only one missing of the team-"

Peter gave up on life.

"UNCLE FURY!" The man on the other side of the line finally shut up in surprise at the teen's tone. "You're on speaker."

"Why the Hell am I on speaker?" the confused man asked.

"I'm in class, it's the rule." Peter really couldn't believe what was happening. He wanted to curse the fates and then die.

"That's illegal. I'll see it's taken care of-"

"Anyway," Peter cut him off. "I won't be going."

"What? Why?!"

"I have... class..."

Silence. The line went dead.

Peter's head hit the desk in front of him.

He hated life so damn much.

After a minute of moping, Peter raised his head and looked around to his classmates. Some of them looked confused, some others looked shocked, some others looked suspicious, a few looked like they had come to an enlightening realization. 

The teacher simply looked lost. "I- I hope that serves you all as proof on why you should keep your phone in silence during class," she said finally after a few seconds of opening and closing her mouth like a fish.

To his classmates further confusion, Peter stood up, ignoring the teacher's protests. Slowly, dejectedly, he approached the window. Then they all heard it: the sound of thrusters.

"Bye, Mrs. Warren. Bye, all of you. Bye, life."

Then Iron Man broke the window, grabbed Peter and flew out as Peter's nanotech suit started expanding from his watch. 

The last thing the class saw was Peter's miserable face being covered by his Spider-Man suit, then he was out of sight.