Girlfriend??

Summary: The Avengers are sure Peter and MJ are a couple, there's a lot of proof. How adorable.

▪▪▪▪▪

The Avengers had a theory.

"What was that theory?", you may be asking yourself.

Well, the theory was that Peter and MJ were a couple. Though, with Natasha believing it, it might as well be a fact.

But Peter said nothing.

One would think that he would immediately turn to his loving, dysfunctional family as soon as he got to be the boyfriend of a girl he liked, but that didn't happen.

The Avengers could only watch as Peter walked off the elevator, whispering  something to MJ, who whispered back. Not even the people with enhanced hearing could pick up what they said, but they didn't really think they needed to. It was pretty obvious to everyone.

So, when the pair greeted them and then proceeded to completely ignore them, they just smiled.

•××ו

"I just don't know why he doesn't tell us himself," Steve complained once during breakfast. Peter hadn't woken up yet.

"Maybe he thinks he doesn't need to. I mean, they're so open about their relationship, it would be useless. And we already know her, she comes to the tower basically every day, so it isn't like he can bring her to dinner to present her or something like that," Tony said. The rest of the team agreed.

As they went back to their breakfast, MJ and Peter entered the kitchen in their pajamas.

Tony raised a brow. "She stayed here last night?"

Peter turned to his dad. "Yep." Then he turned to MJ again and got her something to eat without having to ask what she wanted.

They settled in the table, and Peter sat awkwardly in silence as everyone stared at him. He cleared his throat lightly.

"MJ, I need help with... you know what." The girl nodded with a smirk. Everyone still stared. "Are you free on Valentine's day at midday?"

"Yep. Midday will be fine."

The teens picked up their things and left.

The Avengers looked at each other.

"He just invited her on a date in front of us-" Steve started.

"For Valentine's day. Isn't it cute?" Clint asked cheerfully.

"It is, Legolas," Tony agreed. "And she stayed the night," he added. "If this doesn't confirm it, I don't know what does."

"Notice how they were super secretive too? Have been for a while. It's painfully obvious that they're a couple," Natasha commented.

Everyone hummed in agreement. The subject was dropped.

•××ו

Eventually, Valentine's day came.

"Where are you taking MJ?" Tony asked curiously during breakfast. Everyone at the table stopped to listen to his answer.

Peter tilted his head a little to the side. "She was going to come here... Why?"

"Here?" Clint asked in confusion.

"You say I should take her somewhere else?"

"Of course you should! I recommend you do a picnic, that always works out," Wanda told him.

Peter frowned slightly. "But we need to be close so that we can go to my room after lunch to do what she'll come here to do," he stated in confusion. Everyone choked.

"I'm sorry, Peter, what?" Tomy asked. He didn't want to know, he didn't want to know, he didn't want to know-

"We have to pick the clothes for tonight's date." Peter was so lost at the moment.

"A date to pick clothes for another date?" Steve, too, didn't understand what was going on.

"What do you mean?"

"Why would you have a date with MJ to pick clothes for another date with her?"

"A date... with MJ?" Peter blinked in absolute bewilderment. "What are you guys talking about?"

"MJ, your girlfriend?" Tony supplied.

Peter blinked. Everything was silent for a solid five seconds. Then Peter burst out laughing.

"Oh my God- You thought-? I can't-!"

He took a deep breath to calm himself. He inhaled, exhaled, inhaled, exhaled, inhaled- and laughed again.

He couldn't believe it,  it was just hilarious.

"No, no, no," Peter said once he finally calmed down. "MJ is just a close friend. She's actually been trying to convince me to ask this other person on a date-" the team looked at each other, baffled- "And she's coming today at midday to help me prepare for the date tonight." Peter was still smiling in amusement. He would be teasing them about it for a great while.

"Okay... I guess?" Tony said, confused beyond measure. "Then, who's the lucky girl who gets to be your date tonight?"

There were a few seconds of silence in which Peter only started at Tony.

"Dad," he started, "you know I'm gay, right?"

Tony blinked. The rest of the team stared.

"Okay, sorry for assuming. Who is the lucky guy, then?"

Silence.

The elevator opens and MJ comes out of it.

"Wade Wilson," she states.

Tony turns back to his kid.

"Of all the male population, you are dating Deadpool?!"

*incoherent concerned dad noises*