VEINTIOCHO • 28

Joel's POV

I got up earlier today since we had to head to the studio. After I showered, I got changed and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I smelled pancakes and started running the stairs faster.

I saw Adriana in the kitchen flipping the pancakes on the pan as Richard and Zabdiel were sitting on the kitchen counter talking to her.

"Good mornin!" I sang. "Good morning," they all responded. "Perks of having a lady stay over," Zabdiel said and we laughed.

Erick and Christopher finally came down and sat at the kitchen counter with us

Erick and Christopher finally came down and sat at the kitchen counter with us. Adriana put the pancakes on separate plates for all of us.

"Gotta admit it's not as good as what Dilara always makes but it's something, " Adriana said laughing.

"I'm making her cook the moment she gets back," Christopher said with a mouth full of food.

"Chew and swallow then talk loco," Richard said to him and it caused us to laugh.

Erick seemed uneasy so I decided to ask him what's wrong.

"Erick, what's up?" I asked him, concerned on the way he was acting.

"Something doesn't feel right," Erick answered me. The rest of us exchanged looks.

"Bebé, is it generally or," Adriana said cutting herself off and looked at us before I continued, "Twin instinct?"

Erick looked up from his food to me. He immediately got up and reached for his phone.

He started pacing back and forth in the kitchen. "Pick up goddammit!" Erick ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Yo, yo, bro breathe," Richard said trying to make Erick to calm down slightly.

"If something's wrong she would've called right?" Richard continued trying to keep everyone calm.

"Well what if she can't call? Like it's bad that she can't call?" Erick said barely breathing.

"Try calling your aunt or your cousin. They're with her right?" I suggested to him and he frantically started looking for their number.

It took a while but they finally picked up. "Tía? Hi where's Dilara?" Erick asked instantly and quickly put the phone on speaker mode.

"Dilara's at home, me and Mateo went out to get groceries. What's wrong?" his aunt asked him.

"She's not answering my calls. Something just doesn't feel right, can you get back home quickly please? I need to know if she's alright," Erick said getting more worried now knowing Dilara's home alone.

"Okay, we'll head home now," his aunt said and hung up. Erick kept running his hands through his hair frustratedly.

Adriana rubbed her hand on his back gently to try calm him down.

His phone made a ding and he got a text. He checked the text and his eyes widened.

I peeked in and saw it was Dilara.

Hermana👀
Hi, I saw your missed calls
What's up? Everything alright?

"Wait what does that mean?" I asked him confused.

"She's okay?" Erick responded to me slightly confused.

"Wait what?" Zabdiel questioned. "Papa came over," Erick read off his phone screen.

"Oh-" he continued slightly relieved before realizing something. "Why would papa come over? He straight up left us!" he exclaimed.

"If it's your father maybe you should just chill, maybe he stopped by to see his daughter," Richard said trying to be positive.

"True, and if she needs anything she'll contact you. You know that Erick," I added to reassure him.

After eating our breakfast we got ready to head to the studio. Adriana joined us for our session today, but Erick was still overthinking.

Dilara's POV 

I woke up the next morning and jumped into the shower.

I was washing my hair when I heard some shuffling in my room. "Tía Rosa? Is that you?" I asked from the shower and I got no response.

I heard more shuffling and I got more curious. I got out of the shower and dried my body quickly before throwing on a silk robe.

I left my wet hair down and got out of the bathroom. I gasped and took a step back.

"How did you get in?" I asked in shock. "Your room door wasn't locked. And I found the spare keys to this house," he responded calmly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned on the door frame of my bathroom.

"What do you want?" I asked him getting more annoyed.

"I'm trying to make up for all the lost time, Dilara-" I cut him off, "17 years too late," I spat.

"I'm still your father Gracey," he sighed. "Don't call me that. You blew your shot with this family. What makes you think you can just show up and claim yourself as the head of the family again?" I spat, getting angrier by the minute.

"Look, every goddamn year, since you left, every birthday, every candle I've blown with Erick, I would wish for you to come back. All the goddamn time. Everyday, I would wish for you to come back and be with us again. I'd even cry myself to sleep sometimes wondering where did we go wrong? What happened that he left?" I stopped myself, swallowing the lump in my throat from trying not to cry.

"When I found someone whom I thought would the one, he ended beating me every single day. And were there for me? Were you there to heal me? No. Erick was. Mom was. Joel was. You were never there," I added with tears starting to roll down my face.

"I know and I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you, you're my daughter and Erick's my son. Give me a chance," he pleaded.

I heard my phone ring but I ignored it. It kept ringing and I knew it was Erick. I wasn't gonna answer him in this state.

Before he could say anything else, the doorbell rang. I sighed and made my way downstairs wiping my eyes dry, with my father trailing me from behind.

I opened the door and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"Hola mi amor," he said with an evil smirk. I sucked my stomach in.

"How did you find me?" was all I managed to let out.

"Who is this?" my father asked.

"I'm Anthony," he said, pausing to look at me, "Your daughter's ex boyfriend," he added.

"The one that beat her up? You little shit," and with that he threw Anthony onto the ground with one punch.

a/n: hi. how r u all? tell me things i need friends 🥺

when should i post the first chapter to private show?